CurlTalk

Need recs for a good gel or cream that will hold curls

jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
Hey guys,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I always lurk every now and then.

I'm looking for a gel that I can purchase locally that will hold curls and keep them frizz free. I don't care if it is alcohol based.

I repeat - I do not care if it contains alcohol.

All recs will be greatly appreciated. :happy7:
Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjada1111%2F" class="Popup
PW: flower

Comments

• turquoisecurlsturquoisecurls Posts: 134Registered Users
    I don't know of the top of my head about alcohol content but good gels for hold I found are Garnier pure&clean, Aussie freeze, la looks and the best for me Biolsilk rock hard gel.
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
    Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
    LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
    Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
    My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    I don't know of the top of my head about alcohol content but good gels for hold I found are Garnier pure&clean, Aussie freeze, la looks and the best for me Biolsilk rock hard gel.

Thank you turquoisecurls.

I tried LA Looks once and I didn't like it. It left flakes. I want to try the others you mentioned. Aussie Freeze seems to be a curly favorite, so I'll try that one first.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjada1111%2F" class="Popup
    PW: flower
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    I have been using the L´oreal ever curl cream gel (it looks like a spiral in the container, blue top), it's relatively cheap and you can get it at target, cvs, etc.

This gives me good definition and good clumping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • curlycue80curlycue80 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Biosilk Rock Hard Gel (sometimes need to mix with something to give better definition) or Biolage Gelee (smells great but sometimes fades over the course of the day).
  • fihefihe Posts: 101Registered Users
    Lately I've been using Suave Professionals gel, but I mix it with Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel so it'll be less crunchy. It gives my hair nice definition. I also like Marc Anthony Strictly Curls curl defining lotion.
    Check out my new blog:
    My Type 2 Hair
  • PuertoricangirlPuertoricangirl Posts: 428Registered Users
    I love the LA looks sport gel 😊 keeps my curls shiny and bouncy for days. It can get crunchy but I just scrunch out the crunch once my hair is dry
    3A/3B Fine/Medium curly, Low Porosity, Medium density, long length.

*Shampoo & Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and shine
    *Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today and GVP Condtioning Balm
    *Cream Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie, Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
    Gels: L.A Looks Sports Gel, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    *Serum: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper

:blob7: