We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Need recs for a good gel or cream that will hold curls

jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
Hey guys,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I always lurk every now and then.

I'm looking for a gel that I can purchase locally that will hold curls and keep them frizz free. I don't care if it is alcohol based.

I repeat - I do not care if it contains alcohol.

All recs will be greatly appreciated. :happy7:
Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjada1111%2F" class="Popup
PW: flower

Comments

• turquoisecurlsturquoisecurls Posts: 134Registered Users
    I don't know of the top of my head about alcohol content but good gels for hold I found are Garnier pure&clean, Aussie freeze, la looks and the best for me Biolsilk rock hard gel.
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
    Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
    LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
    Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
    My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    I don't know of the top of my head about alcohol content but good gels for hold I found are Garnier pure&clean, Aussie freeze, la looks and the best for me Biolsilk rock hard gel.

Thank you turquoisecurls.

I tried LA Looks once and I didn't like it. It left flakes. I want to try the others you mentioned. Aussie Freeze seems to be a curly favorite, so I'll try that one first.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjada1111%2F" class="Popup
    PW: flower
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have been using the L´oreal ever curl cream gel (it looks like a spiral in the container, blue top), it's relatively cheap and you can get it at target, cvs, etc.

This gives me good definition and good clumping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • curlycue80curlycue80 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Biosilk Rock Hard Gel (sometimes need to mix with something to give better definition) or Biolage Gelee (smells great but sometimes fades over the course of the day).
  • fihefihe Posts: 101Registered Users
    Lately I've been using Suave Professionals gel, but I mix it with Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel so it'll be less crunchy. It gives my hair nice definition. I also like Marc Anthony Strictly Curls curl defining lotion.
    Check out my new blog:
    My Type 2 Hair
  • PuertoricangirlPuertoricangirl Posts: 428Registered Users
    I love the LA looks sport gel 😊 keeps my curls shiny and bouncy for days. It can get crunchy but I just scrunch out the crunch once my hair is dry
    3A/3B Fine/Medium curly, Low Porosity, Medium density, long length.

*Shampoo & Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and shine
    *Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today and GVP Condtioning Balm
    *Cream Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie, Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
    Gels: L.A Looks Sports Gel, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    *Serum: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper

:blob7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file