Been transitioning for 8/9 months BUT..

MissCiHMissCiH Posts: 11Registered Users
Sooo..Hey, (new to this by the way) :confused2: :goofy:
I've been transitioning since July/August from heat damage, (I only straightened it a few times at a very high temperature..meh) :sad11:
I have tybe 3A/3B ish hair, now I have dead straight bits and wavy, and I think it's thinned a lot, not sure if its just because of how my hair is now..

Well, at the bottom and top of my scalp I can really see my curls coming through :toothy5: butttttt..
At the center of my scalp .. (if you know what I mean) I can't see any curl coming through :hmph: :(

Is this normal? What advice would you give? And any products? I've recently bought Castor Oil and have only used it a few times. If you have transitioned too or transitioning right now, share your stories too if you want, :D

And just before I spent 2 years growing out red dye from my hair, I had just chopped all the red out.. then I lose my curls.. waaa :( :(

By the way it's not because my hair is weighing it down I've had it cut twice and I took a lot off tbh!

Comments

• autumnduckyautumnducky Posts: 93Registered Users
    By the center do you mean the crown area of your scalp?

I'm transitioning (type 3b/3c) and I have the same problem. The crown of my hair can get poofy and doesn't look a lot like the rest of my curl pattern. Since I do braid out 99% of the time, it blends easily, however, that crown area gives me a hard time. My sister is natural but has the same problem. In your case, it may be genetics or you may need to focus on that area a bit more. Try different oils or styling method to find your ideal result. I hope I helped (:
    “Seven Deadly Sins:
    Wealth without work
    Pleasure without conscience
    Science without humanity
    Knowledge without character
    Politics without principle
    Commerce without morality
    Worship without sacrifice.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm transitioning now 11 months. My crown is so unruly & disrespectful. But everywhere else I can see curls. I pre poo with olive the but my hair in a plastic cap over night. Then cleanse as usual. That kinda tames the crown. Word to the wise... DO NOT use honey on your hair as a pre poo with olive oil. I too have 3c/b hair & we did not like that. After diffusing my hair, my hair was rock hard. Management (my hair) was NOT happy.
  • MissCiHMissCiH Posts: 11Registered Users
    Oo so I'm not the only one! Autumnducky.. But does your crown area look like some sort of curl/wave atleast? Because mine is dead straight there but everywhere else it's not! When I did have curly hair my curls used to hang instead of be at the top, if that makes sense, do you think that's why? & what sorta oils would you recommend

Curlicious13: wow honey! Did you just randomly decide to use it or did you read it somewhere, defo not a good idea haha! :( & glad to see I'm not the only one with this crown problem :(
    I hope it gets better for you too btw, such stress lol :-(
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read it on live curly live free. Honey is supposed to be a good moisturizer, but made my hair crunchy. The recipe calls for a half cup of honey & 1 tablespoon of olive oil. My hair likes the olive oil but not the honey.
    Hmm I see never heard of using honey before
    MissCiH wrote: »
    Oo so I'm not the only one! Autumnducky.. But does your crown area look like some sort of curl/wave atleast? Because mine is dead straight there but everywhere else it's not! When I did have curly hair my curls used to hang instead of be at the top, if that makes sense, do you think that's why? & what sorta oils would you recommend

My crown is a mixture between some type of curl pattern & some thick/poofy straight'ish, lol. If you still have relaxed/heat damaged ends that could be a reason why your curls aren't hanging. The relaxed and new growth has different textures and densities. I would recommend coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, aloe vera juice, and jojoba oil. There's sooo many different oils you can use on your hair. Research research research :D
    “Seven Deadly Sins:
    Wealth without work
    Science without humanity
    ― Mahatma Gandhi
    Ohh thanks :D I've been using Jamaican black castor oil for a short while actually to thicken/increase growth but I haven't seen my hair thicken lol! How long have you been transitioning for btw and when did you actually start to see good results?
    Ohh thanks :D I've been using Jamaican black castor oil for a short while actually to thicken/increase growth but I haven't seen my hair thicken lol! How long have you been transitioning for btw and when did you actually start to see good results?

I need to buy Jamican black caster oil. Idk why I haven't just done it already. You may see thickening results from the caster oil over time (:
    I've been transitioning for 9 months. I've seen result after 2 months, but a lot of progress today. It's nice to see and feel my texture again. :D I just wish I had the courage to BC once it grows out s'more.
    “Seven Deadly Sins:
    Wealth without work
    Science without humanity
    ― Mahatma Gandhi
    [You're lucky you noticed improvements so fast, i have only started seeing slight improvements
    & ah i bet you can't wait to just have a full head of natural beautiful curls again tho :happy7:

this is all my progress btw , only at the front like this and not really the back ! not sure if yu can tell but yea thats what i meant :)
    You're lucky you noticed improvements so fast, i have only started seeing slight improvements
    & ah i bet you can't wait to just have a full head of natural beautiful curls again tho :happy7:

this is all my progress btw , only at the front like this and not really the back ! not sure if yu can tell but yea thats what i meant :)

So true, I just want ALL my curls back. But doing this journey has taught me a lot, so I wouldn't change a thing (: I see what you mean; great improvement ! :D
    “Seven Deadly Sins:
    Wealth without work
    Science without humanity
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji