CurlTalk

Keratin shampoo?

KurlyKayKurlyKay Posts: 1Registered Users
Today someone suggested a keratin treatment to help my hair not shrink as much. I understand from researching that it won't necessarily make my hair straight which I definitely do not want.
Would trying a shampoo or otc treatment with keratin be a good idea or would it not help any? Or would it only help once I had a treatment in a salon?
Thanks
Kay

Comments

• SierraKathrynSierraKathryn Posts: 10Registered Users
    I had a Keratin salon treatment (without formaldehyde!!!) and it was aaaaamazing. Not sure if otc would produce the same results, but I mean, idk. It's really something you should strongly consider. It was weird for me to get used to at first because it took away my volume for a while and made my hair a little longer, but I was so happy with it. It makes your hair so healthy and soft. Afterwards, I used Ion brand shampoo & conditioner which is supposed to help the treatment stay in longer by replenishing Keratin.
    It's a good idea!
    3b & 3c. Had to learn everything myself since momma didn't understand curly hair.
    ~
    He said, "Patience, my caramel concubine."
    Concubine: a sultan's lover; usually very sexy ladies of the highest quality; Persian term; usually also dancers.