Cg heat

curldiva012curldiva012 Registered Users Posts: 55
I have heard people talk about using a diffuser or steamer on the hair. I don't have a steamer. My diffuser attachment for my blow dryer won't any blow dryer I have. Would a bonnet or hooded dryer work as well?

Comments

• RytokaRytoka Registered Users Posts: 309 Curl Neophyte
    I use a bonnet dryer and I love it! I use the cool setting on my blow dryer and I like it way better than diffusing because I am way too impatient to diffuse. Give it a shot, they are really cheap and if it doesn't work you can always return it
    Katie
    2C/3a, Medium Texture, Normal porosity, High Density, Normal Elasticity (so says the LCLF Hair analysis)
    Co Wash: As I am
    RO: Yes To Carrots / Ion
    LI: Biotera / Samy Big Curls Defining Cream
    Gel: FSG, Volumax (Original and Mega)
    Color: Henna
    Tools: Diffusing
    :thumright:
  • curldiva012curldiva012 Registered Users Posts: 55
    Cool. I trie the modified cg & my hair is so soft. But moisture is still a tad bit of a problem. Any suggestions for a leave in conditioner?
    I have been using cantu Shea butter or gvp conditioning balm, I really like both and they both work as a dt. The bonnet is good for adding heat to dt and pt's too :)
    Katie
    2C/3a, Medium Texture, Normal porosity, High Density, Normal Elasticity (so says the LCLF Hair analysis)
    I'll try those. Can I use Softee Indian hemp? All natural oils to seal my ends or as a li? It's a hair treatment.
    Should be fine if its natural! Good luck
    Katie
    Cool.
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    The Softee Indian hemp oil mix. my hair liked it ok (i think. wasnt dry) but I didn't like the feel of my hair. Complete grease ball! I'll try something else. Do I need to grease my scalp? I have used grease in 20+ years cuz I don't like how it makes my hair feel. (grease ball) it also makes my hair gunky & have to wash my hair more often.
    Maybe a lighter oil to seal? I am using grapeseed right now it's super light. I also like Africa's best oil blend. Smells like baby oil and flowers :) I read recently using pure mineral oil (5 drops) is great too. Gonna try soon since its cheap. Johnson's pink cap is only mineral oil and fragrance. I have used it in the past and loved the shine but I think I used too much. That was per cg too.
    Katie
    Some have also said to pre poo with oil, that is supposed to help dry scalp
    Katie
    Ok. I have grape seed oil with tea oil mixed in. I'll try it. I like how grape seed smells.
    I have put the oil on my hair. Should use it on my scalp too?
    Check the forums for pre poo. I have not done it but I think those with scalp issues rub it into the scalp and leave it in for a while before they wash, helps moisturize I think. I have read tea tree is great for scalp issues. Also if you can find Shea moisture African black soap products the body wash has been great for my excema/acne prone skin. They have conditioner in that formulation I think
    Katie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file