We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

New curl, need helps

Hi all, after 8 years of rebonding my hair i finally decided to go natural. I'm entering my 14th months now. Anyone got an idea what type my hair is, i think it's more of a 2c though. In the attachment my hair is still a bit damp. When it dries it forms a twist rather than an s.

Also i'm thinking to perm my 'straight' hair just to blend them with my natural curls. Do you think it's possible? I just don't really care whether those parts are going to dry of. Since I'm going to cut them off sooner or later. I just don't like how my straight hair weights my curls, unabling them to clump and just poofs out. Making my hair looks like a big mess...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users
    Hello and welcome!

Please don't perm your hair, it will damage it more than you will ever know is possible! With a little experimentation, some time and love, you will be amazed at how curly and healthy your hair will become.

Here's a great link to learn your hair's properties: Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics
    Knowing your texture and porosity is a must! With that knowledge we will be able to help you and give you better product recommendations.

Here's some inspiration: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/47609-post-your-before-after-cg-pics.html

Hope that helps and good luck!
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

• r4nd0mr4nd0m Posts: 14Registered Users
    Thanks for your concern :D i actually gavecup perming the hair cause the stylist said she can't perm my hair to blend with my natural ones. Guess i could only wait for my hair to grow and cut the relaxed hair later on...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file