We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Melva Houston

goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
My girlfriend and I are going to see Melva Houston perform tonight. I am so excited. I met Melva 20 years ago but was never able to catch a performance. I can't wait!

Melva Houston | Jazz,Blues and R&B Performer, Recording Artist and Educator

Comments

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I was blown away! This was an amazing performance by Melva Houston, Terri Ingalls, and Scott Carpenter called "Love is a Bore."

Terri read poetry by Dorothy Parker which was followed by Melva singing a break-up song with the same sassy attitude as the poem. SC accompanied on keyboard and sang back-up.

It was so funny! I was not expecting the comedic side to it. I smiled, laughed and tapped my foot through the entire show.

I love Dorothy Parker's work. Somehow I missed that her poems would be included.

Normally Melva sings songs she has written or contributed to the writing, but for this performance, since the poetry was from an outside source, so were the songs. She performed:

You're So Vain
    Hit the Road, Jack!
    These Boots are Made for Walking
    50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
    Goodie-goodie!
    I Will Survive

and probably more than my overwhelmed brain cannot remember!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file