GAH help my face!!

2»

Comments

• EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    Have you tried borage seed oil? I just posted a blog about it yesterday, it was featured on the Dr. Oz show about secrets the beauty industry doesn't want you to know. I bought some and this month when my hormones acted up and I broke out a little I used that and it helped. The second day the pimple shrank and the redness was gone and my skin looks great now. My husband even started using it and loves what it is doing for his skin. You can get it at health food stores. I don't know if it will work for you but I love it!
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Thanks Erica, I'll give that a try!!

I actually have an appointment with my doctor this morning, I want to discuss this as well as new birth control because this experience has terrified me to go back on the pill :( New BF and I have been using condoms but we'd like something else.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Cinnamon is very irritating to skin, you should leave that out of your face wash. And watch out for toners containing alcohol -- also very irritating. (Witch hazel is usually formulated as an extract in alcohol).

Generally, you want to use something to kill the germs on your skin, like benzoyl peroxide, and something to reduce oil and blackheads, like salicylic acid. Salicylic acid also is anti-inflammatory and an exfoliant. Most salicylic acid preparations are the wrong pH to be effective, so you need to do some research.

Beyond that, I would suggest seeing a dermatologist.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file