CurlTalk

Weird Quesstions. :) Help?

I have a question for you CG-ers that the CG book does not seem to clarify for me. :D

When you add your conditioner for the conditioning step, are you squeezing the water out of your hair first, or are you applying it over soaking-wet hair? :shock:

How about when you are doing the CO washing step? Do you sqeeze the water out first?

I have always assumed that I should not squeeze the water out first, as the book does not say to do that.

Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to read and to respond. :D
~Snowy~

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I don't squeeze out any water before either step. Especially for the (second) conditioning step, I find that having a lot of water in my hair helps distribute the conditioner.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I'm with Pixie. I don't squeeze the water out for either step. I think the water helps me massage the Co in for washing and then it seems to help distribute the conditioner better too.
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    Exactly what they said, the only time I squeeze water out, is when I scrunch it out after my shower is done
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    That's interesting...I'm not CG but I always squeeze out water before condish because I feel like otherwise it wouldn't be concentrated enough to penetrate my hair.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • SnowyMoonSnowyMoon Posts: 5Registered Users
    I find I get the best results by not squeezing, so that is what I have always done. I was just really curious if I was the only one. :D Seems I am not.

If I do a deep treatment, I do squeeze the excess water out first, and I even blot with a towel before applying the DT.

Now I just need to figure out how much conditioner to leave in. :wink:

Thanks so much for the replies. :D
    ~Snowy~