What don't you know about and care less?

2»

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hairhealth wrote: »
    interesting thread to read.

I have nothing to offer, however.

Stuff I don't think about makes it difficult to post on

a thread about...

Yeah. I can’t get worked up enough about things I don’t know or care about enough to comment about them here.
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CP I'm with ya on the sports.
    Animal rescue. That whole adopt-don't-buy thing. Leave me the eff alone...I'm going to buy all my puppies no matter what you say.

Stay classy, RCW.
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    LAwoman wrote: »
    Animal rescue. That whole adopt-don't-buy thing. Leave me the eff alone...I'm going to buy all my puppies no matter what you say.
    Stay classy, RCW.
    I didn't even see that post. I'm speechless... and completely appalled.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sports. Accounting. Celebrity biographies. Extra-terrestrial life.
  • omgstopitomgstopit Posts: 44Registered Users
    Fashion trends. I can't keep up and I don't want to.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Stay classy, RCW.

Go ahead and be appalled. Go ahead and think I'm evil. I could write a yard of text on animal rescue and the corruption and power-trips of some rescue groups, how I'm not even allowed to rescue from a local group because I don't have a fenced property so I must be an irresponsible owner even though I've owned dogs for 50 years. Not to mention that if people actually did what rescuers preach and only adopted from rescue and shelters, we'd end up with almost nothing but badly bred pitbulls. No thanks. I'll stick to my well-bred puppies of breeds I actually want, obtained from small well-researched breeders. There's nothing inherently wrong or evil in obtaining pets from sources other than rescue and people shouldn't be made to feel guilty when they buy a puppy from a breeder.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I don't care about how fabulous your job is. It's a job. Is it WHO you are? Lawd help you. Retire and you will die. I can't wait to retire!!!!! I am who I am and I am not a job title or description.

Your sex life. Your past drug use. The fact that you are shocked I have never done an illegal drug in my entire life and never wanted to.

Anyone's fanatical political views. Don't care. I have made reasonable, intelligent decisions about my political views and your ranting is not going to change my mind. E.V.E.R.

Who Me? - you nailed my view on suburban trendy brands. Thank you for not making me explain it ;)

Any reality shows because they are not reality, only for show.

I am not impressed by your wallet, what's in your wallet, etc. I am impressed by how you treat people. I am impressed by a sense of humor. If you have to tell me what your socio-economic class is then you have an issue I don't want to hear about. If you have an issue that I might can help with, tell me about it without pigeon-holing it into some ridiculous stereotype.

Watching sports on tv. Please just say no. I love to play sports. I will watch my kids play sports. Sports on tv. No thanks. Except the Olympics, which seems to be a trend in this thread.
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sports
    Math
    Kids
    Real Housewives/The Bachelor
    Sex and the City culture
    Jimmy Choo (and the like) shoes
    Clothes that cost more than I made last month
    Mommy blogs
    Anything religious or political you might be tempted to send me via email forward or chain letter.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If its a thread about what YOU do not care about why are some upset over what other people do not care about? There are going to be things you (gy) care about that others do not give a crap about. Sometimes this board just floors me because its a pick and choose what is ok for some to post and not others. It cannot be one and not the other!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Brand trends, for the reasons WhoMe? said. Add Pandora jewelry to that. Ugly and clunky and overpriced. Oh, and Tom's shoes. Crappy foot beds, and they're putting local shoe vendors out of business.

Reality TV based on vapid people - Kardashians, housewives, etc.

Tanning beds. Tanning on purpose.

Tumblr. I don't understand it, lol, literally. It makes me feel old.

Daily makeup use. Seems burdensome.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Brand trends, for the reasons WhoMe? said. Add Pandora jewelry to that. Ugly and clunky and overpriced. Oh, and Tom's shoes. Crappy foot beds, and they're putting local shoe vendors out of business.

Reality TV based on vapid people - Kardashians, housewives, etc.

Tanning beds. Tanning on purpose.

Tumblr. I don't understand it, lol, literally. It makes me feel old.

Daily makeup use. Seems burdensome.

Mr B asked me a couple years ago if I wanted one of those Pandora bracelets. He didn't even get a chance to finish his question before I was loudly saying "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!" Do. not. like. :protest:
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Is that the stuff with charms you add?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    Pinterest
    twilight
    50 shades of Grey
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    claudine19 wrote: »

Yep, that's it.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    B-wavy wrote: »
    claudine19 wrote: »

Yep, that's it.

Ha! My SIL makes lovely handcrafted jewelry yet she wears every day a Pandora bracelet that I consider hideous. Eww.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So funny you all mentioned Pandora. I am so with you on the bracelets and I was shocked when a watch I saw I loved. B got it for me for Christmas. And it was a Pandora watch. I still do not like the bracelets. At all.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't like anything 'brand name', fancy, upscale, whatever. I am perfectly happy getting all my clothes, bags, shoes, at Marshalls and TJMaxx - on clearance.

I like *looking* at in style fashions, but I can't be bothered with the shopping.

And yes, I have to be comfortable. Physically and mentally.

My mother hated taking me shopping when I was a kid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Stay classy, RCW.

Go ahead and be appalled. Go ahead and think I'm evil. I could write a yard of text on animal rescue and the corruption and power-trips of some rescue groups, how I'm not even allowed to rescue from a local group because I don't have a fenced property so I must be an irresponsible owner even though I've owned dogs for 50 years. Not to mention that if people actually did what rescuers preach and only adopted from rescue and shelters, we'd end up with almost nothing but badly bred pitbulls. No thanks. I'll stick to my well-bred puppies of breeds I actually want, obtained from small well-researched breeders. There's nothing inherently wrong or evil in obtaining pets from sources other than rescue and people shouldn't be made to feel guilty when they buy a puppy from a breeder.

Oh boo ****ing hoo. I am so sick of you whining about this. You know where there are crazy, power-mad people? EVERYWHERE. What makes you such a special snowflake because you ran into some in animal rescue? Get over it, already.

"Could" write a yard of text? You have! On these very boards!

And you're wrong about the pitbull thing. You're wrong about a lot of stuff, actually.

Seriously, just shut it already.
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Coffee makers (espresso makers?), keurig things. I don't know; I just go to a coffee shop

Sewing machines--just. I don't care. I can sew on a button with a needle and thread and that's it.

Economics! Jesus I took the AP course in high school but all I know is supply and demand in abtract terms. And I probably should care, but I just...don't.

...and that right there is the problem. I say all the time that my Economic Development class is one of the reasons I am still doing my programme otherwise I would think Economics is a boring abstract subject full of sheep who follow everything. Yeah, Econ and I don't get along very well. :cwm10:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wild~hair wrote: »

Oh boo ****ing hoo. I am so sick of you whining about this. You know where there are crazy, power-mad people? EVERYWHERE. What makes you such a special snowflake because you ran into some in animal rescue? Get over it, already.

"Could" write a yard of text? You have! On these very boards!

And you're wrong about the pitbull thing. You're wrong about a lot of stuff, actually.

Seriously, just shut it already.

Did I miss something? Did someone die and leave you boss? S**** you and your killer pitbulls. I'll write what i want.

@...
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    In no particular order:
    Cats
    Twitter
    Cross fit
    Nascar
    The Walking Dead
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Okay, you can count me in on the Pandora dislike. I have never been a huge fan of charm bracelets anyway, and was surprised when I fell in love with the Waxing Poetic line. That same day the sales clerk kept trying to push Pandora on me. I almost laughed in her face. It could not be further away from my personal taste.

I would be a picky brand ho if I could. Oh yes, I would. I love fashion design, and admire some of the greats. It's a blessing no major designers are sold anywhere near me.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Hillsborough Disaster.

Couldn't give a **** but I'm sick of hearing about it.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Some of my work colleagues children and grandchildren. My cup of care is absolutely empty when they start rabbiting on
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Some of my work colleagues children and grandchildren. My cup of care is absolutely empty when they start rabbiting on

Ughhh my former boss does this. I've been filling in semi-frequently lately since one of her workers broke his hand. He's back to work on the 10th, yipeeee!

She literally came barreling through the door the other day to tell the whole staff that her son pooped on the toilet for the first time. None of us have kids. We. don't. care. And, stop making us hold him while you walk around and do stuff. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Not really invested in saving the environment. I know it's important but kind of on the low end of my current priority list.

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Tom's Shoes
    Reality Shows about people's lifes.. Hilton, Kardashian, housewives
    the Beatles.... I know people love their music...but I don't
    50 Shades of Grey
    Professional Sports
    People who like to talk about themselves...or like to hear themselves talk.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also don't care about where one gets their pets, whether one recycles or not, whether some company does animal testing (I know...evil!!!), bracelets for whatever cause, what actors/singers think about politicians, gun control legislation or the lack thereof (evil again, I know)

I have my own views, but I don't get into "oh, you're enlightened because you agree, or you're evil if you disagree" conversations...I used to...then I realized we're not one dimensional. I respect well-thought out views, whatever they are.

Some sports is fun, but debates about this team or that team...blah blah blah.

Don't care about fashion, about gossip, about celebrities' private lives (unless it truly is extraordinary and inspirational...which most are not)...

Don't care about every detail about what the media finds fascinating (court cases, royal weddings, any event that should only take a minute or two and they spend 15-30 minutes on multiple days...just briefly say Lance Armstrong messed up, natural disaster info, Dennis Rodman's wackadoo visit to North Korea...stop repeating it over and over again....uggggh!

Rather than focusing on the White House garden or whatever other "feel good" topic, why not focus more on legislation, policies that actually effect our lives, our rights, etc. ?

People's sex lives...please...it's not that interesting.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • creativelicensecreativelicense Posts: 422Registered Users
    Poetry. I'm a journalist, but I don't care at all about poetry, or what makes a good poem. Give me Where the Sidewalk Ends and I'm happy.

Any art that I could realistically make it myself. That usually means modern art. I could never paint like Monet or sculpt like Michelangelo, hence why I like their work. But I feel so unimpressed by most works of art created in the last century, nor do I care why they're significant.

Basketball and soccer, the two mainstream sports I really don't like. Oh and Nascar -- how is THAT a sport? That said, I LOVE baseball.

Runway fashion/haute couture. No one wears that stuff off a runway ever. Tangentially, seasonal fashion trends that always seem to repeat every few years. I can't be bothered to care what's "in" right now.
    Curl Style: 3b/3c
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    RO: GVP CB
    Styling: As I Am Leave In, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets & Confident Coils, DevaCurl Set Me Up, Curl Keeper
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil, BioSilk RHG
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This thread is funny. Some of you are shooting sacred cows. I'm sufficiently irreverent to enjoy it. :love5:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file