CurlTalk

Unable to find sulphate-free shampoos

Hey,
i live in zambia and finding products that are good for my hair in my country is extremely hard if not impossible.
i have tried to look for a sulphate free shampoo but haven't managed to find one.
what alternatives can i use? or are there shampoos with sulphate you can recommend for me?:sad6:

Comments

• lifescoutlifescout Posts: 69Registered Users
    Maybe you can order some online? Curlmart has lots of good ones as well as many other beauty supply store websites. I spend alot of time searching products on here that other people have tried and I have found alot of homemade recipes that seem to work for others. Some people just use baking soda and Apple cider vinegar on their hair. I have yet to try this but I think I will eventually research how others are doing it and then try it myself. Hope someone else chimes in here with more ideas for you!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,095Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    if you can't find any sulfate-free shampoos, what you can do is what lorraine massey talks about in her first 'the curly girl' book --
    -- do not wash your hair every day, try every other day or even 2x/week,
    -- water down the shampoo,
    --and you can coat the hair with conditioner and only shampoo the scalp mostly.

see if that helps!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • flippaciousflippacious Posts: 155Registered Users
    I have read of some people adding oils to shampoos to make them less harsh. I haven't tried it myself, but it is something you can look into.

iHerb.com also ships internationally. Here is their page on international orders:
    iHerb.com - International Shipping

And I have seen coupon codes floating around for that site sometimes too.
    2b/c, high density
    fine, medium porosity, normal elasticity
    loves protein, hates polyquats
    still searching for HGs