CurlTalk

Cruelty-free products

MeadyMeadyMeadyMeady Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi all! I've been lurking here for a while, and have been attempting the CG method for some time now, but I have not been super successful. :(
I don't have a lot of money, so once I buy a product I use it til it's gone, which means if it doesn't work well I can't try something else for a while! But, as it is right now, I am running out of my Burt's bees shampoo and my SheaMoisture conditioner and looking for something new; and hence the title, I am looking for cruelty-free products. :)
I think I'm a type 2a, with high porosity, medium density, and long hair (mid-back). I currently live in Florida where it's usually humid.
So I'm looking for a new shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner (currently using SheaMoisture curl style milk), a volumizer, and anything else that might help that I don't yet know about!
My biggest problem is, that once the ends of my hair get to the point where they are starting to curl a bit, my scalp is starting to get oily (this usually happens about a week-week and a half after washing). And after I wash my hair, even if I don't use any shampoo, I can't seem to get curls to happen until my hair has been unwashed for some time.
So I would appreciate ANY advice, as I am about ready to just give up and start straightening again. If you use products and don't know if they're cruelty-free, please tell me anyway and I can look them up!! Thank you all! :)

Comments

• KatMackKatMack Posts: 60Registered Users
    I love that you want to use cruelty free products, several of mine are so I thought I could give you a little feedback. The kinky-curly, yes to and ag lines are cruelty free. (At least the products I have by them are) but they are all on the pricey side. I like the kinky curly sulfate free shampoo, especially mixed with a little bit of coconut oil, I find it dries my hair out a lot less than other sulfate free shampoos and with all of their products a little goes a long way, one bottle lasts me forever. I like the yes to carrots condish a lot, I don't feel like it's too heavy and it doesn't weigh down my waves. I know a lot of people like ag recoil and beach bomb as stylers, beach bomb was just okay for me honestly and I haven't tried recoil. I use kinky curly's curling custard and brhg as stylers personally. I haven't tried Shea or Burt's bees yet so I can't compare anything to those. Hope that helps.
    KAT
    ~Curly, Runner, Self-confessed Nerd~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2a no product/2b-c styled
    Low Porosity, Fine
    No poo-SM
    Co wash-VO5 kiwi lime*
    Rinse out- ION EC
    Leave in - Giovanni Direct then SM smoothie (ends only)
    Stylers-SM souffle topped with BRHG*

Hair hates: glycerin (high dews here in TX)
    Hair likes: Coconut Oil*, protein

*=HG
  • MeadyMeadyMeadyMeady Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you sooo much! I will definitely give some of those a try! I use yes to carrots hand lotion, didn't know they made so many other products too. :)