Rate this Look: Cycle 2 #8

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
We all know that people are the same wherever we go. There is good and bad in everyone...so rate this look on a scale from 1 to 10. Ten is the highest. Don't be shy!

nicole-richie-attends-the-stella-mccartney-fallwinter-2013-ready-to-wear-show-as-part-of-paris-fashion-week-in-paris-france_347x520_48.jpg

Comments

• goldilocks777goldilocks777 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    I think this looks crazy, and I think she's TOTALLY pulling it off. No joke, I give this a 10.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I wouldn't wear it, but I don't hate it. 8
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • CurlyMJCurlyMJ Posts: 193Registered Users
    Eh 7
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i want to give her some bread and butter. it lloks to big on her. i give it a three.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I think this looks crazy, and I think she's TOTALLY pulling it off. No joke, I give this a 10.

I think she's pulling it off, and it actually flatters her figure because she's so tiny.... but her eyes, skin and hair still look unhealthy to me. So the best for her physical condition, but a 7 because of lack of (purely superficial from photos) health.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Is that hem deliberately uneven or is that an optical illusion? I like it on her. It's odd looking but interesting. I give it an 8.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd like to see other angles of it, but I think I like it, I'll go with 9.1673202
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's hard to rate because the shot's at an odd angle.

The dress doesn't make sense to me. The fabrics don't make sense either. Her hair is messy and her makeup is blah.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    0....maybe if she belted it I would go as high as a 2.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Is it the lighting, or does that dress have two different fabrics? I might like it, but I need more angles and different angles to be sure.

Her hair's a mess and she just doesn't look put together.

I'll give it a tentative 5.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Eres o te haces?
    legends wrote: »
    Is it the lighting, or does that dress have two different fabrics? I might like it, but I need more angles and different angles to be sure.

Her hair's a mess and she just doesn't look put together.

I'll give it a tentative 5.

I wondered too. I think it's 2 fabrics.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    re. the fabric: I think it's just the way the light is catching the horizontal vs. vertical floats.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Looks like someone's hot mess of a home-ec project. It's WAY too big under her arms and way too wide at the shoulders where it seems to be sliding off. I give it a 1 for terrible fit. If it fit her better I'd give it a 7 or 8.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it looks ridiculous. I think the cut is silly, the color blocking is silly, and I don't like her hair and makeup. I'm not a big Nicole Richie fan but I've seen her look better.

Eta: Oh, sorry, I'll give it a 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    re. the fabric: I think it's just the way the light is catching the horizontal vs. vertical floats.

I think it is too.

I will give this look a 5. It bores me.

From what I can see of her make-up, I like it. Very retro which does fit with the pattern and idea of the dress. If she would have done a french twist or teased and pulled back half of her hair I think it would have improved the look.

I did recently watch a show that covered the creation of her (and others) clothing line. Most of her clothes had a very baggy, ill, fit. That or unimpressive, slightly preppy, button up shirts. Very strange. The star dress of her collection looked like a over sized bed sheet with sleeves. It's not even flattering on size 0 and would be horrific on anyone else.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I don't like her hair. She should have worn it up.

Don't like the dress at all; just not my style

3c/4a
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I give it a 3 for her makeup, possibly the shoes (if they aren't super high platforms), her legs are great.
    Don't like the dress in the least, don't like the hair, where's the jewelry and purse.

And I don't understand photography these days - why does everyone have a giant head and teeny feet. Totally unattractive for everyone.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it looks good on her. I give her an 8. However i much preferred her hair longer with more bangs. That looks too....blunt , stiff? Something.....

Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Personally I'm glad to see her w/o all the weave.

I think her makeup is darling but her hair needs to be shaken out...looks like she just woke up.

If the sies of the dress had been plain white, this would have ben a "Do" imo.

I give her a 5 bc she still looks really cute.

I give it a 3 for her makeup, possibly the shoes (if they aren't super high platforms), her legs are great.
    Don't like the dress in the least, don't like the hair, where's the jewelry and purse.

And I don't understand photography these days - why does everyone have a giant head and teeny feet. Totally unattractive for everyone.
    Great point. I think the reasons are two-fold: 1) Models and female celebs are still super skinny, which gives them lollipop head. 2) Photogs also advise their subjects to stick their chin out to prevent the turkey waddle effect. A side effect is that it also makes you look a little like E.T... Phone home.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Personally I'm glad to see her w/o all the weave.

I think her makeup is darling but her hair needs to be shaken out...looks like she just woke up.

If the sies of the dress had been plain white, this would have ben a "Do" imo.

I give her a 5 bc she still looks really cute.

Oh I didn't know it was a weave. I guess I don't pay that much attention. Lol! I just liked her bangs.

Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file