I have to confess!

Comments

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What? Watch the Titanic already!

I am not one for sappy girly movies so I didn't see the Notebook for years. Actually, I ended up having the movie, but never watched it, then ended up catching it on tv.

Of course I don't like sappy girly movies but I still cry like a baby at them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Never seen The Notebook either.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    I confess.........I do not like the Foo Fighters.

I know, minor right? Well I mix with a lot of musicians and you'd think I said I hated puppies, skittles, and sunshine if I told them that! It's like Dave Grohl is a god to them! Yeah he's probably got some good ideas and views on the industry, I'm down with that. I just think he should have stuck to the drums.

Often I'll say things at work that seem like confessions, at least judging by people's reactions you'd think I was confessing a deep dark secret. Recently this included:
    my dislike of pepperoni
    the fact I've never seen Titanic, ever (I'm oddly proud of this one, and I was a teen when this came out)

I tried to get my Nana to take my younger half-sister (who was not her grandchild) because I didn't like her as a kid. I didn't quite get that I'd still have to see her because I was at my Nana's all the time. I just didn't like the addition to my Dad's household. I figured Nana could solve the problem. Now my sis and I are very close, so I'm glad I didn't find a way to get rid of her! This is a favorite tale with my family.

I considered posting this as my confession. I have NO INTENTION of watching it.
    Same here.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    tumblr_md7mvislIb1qzi80do1_r1_500.gif
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    Never seen The Notebook either.

Huh. Me neither. I've seen bits and pieces, but can't get through it. Same with Phenomenon with John Trevolta. I've tried so many times when it was this big hit (like forever ago), but fell asleep every. Single. Time.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hated the notebook. Too much sappy crying and over emotional. But I am not one for those type of movies.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I saw it when I was 15 on a roadtrip. Omg so boring, haven't watched it since.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    I almost got arrested once. Caught a BF cheating. Confronted him. In a supermarket. Threw merchandise at him. Bread, 2 liter bottles of soda, cans. The exBF has thus been nicknamed Mr. Cans. A Good Samaritan tried to intervene on Mr. Cans' behalf. That didn't work out so well. For him. It was a big kerfuffle. The manager called the police. They totally let me go, saying, "We think you had a reason to be upset." My hatred of cops subsided just a little that day. Thought about buying the cop some donuts. It was the supermarket where my estranged husband worked. Luckily, he was off that day. Until he decided to stop by for a pack of cigarettes...Right in the middle of the melee. Timing is everything...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    TNB, I think I remember you posting about that. At least I think it was you. If so, you got a lot of grief from here.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Like, I love Ryan Gosling but his character in The Notebook was so manipulative ugh. You aren't missing a thing.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    Like, I love Ryan Gosling but his character in The Notebook was so manipulative ugh. You aren't missing a thing.

He can manipulate me in any position he wants :lol:

What? huh? wait? what? Heeheehee.:laughing4:
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    When I was 11, I tried to run away in the middle of the night. I made it halfway down the block with my backpack and Pound Puppy, then got scared and came back home. My parents had no idea until I was an adult...LOL!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I got a paddling in school, when I was in the fourth grade. My mother was supposed to sign a letter that she had been notified of what I had done and what the punishment was. I forged her name. The school never knew and she never knew until I was adult and was talking about art forgeries and I started laughing and confessed. She was shocked and appalled. :laughing5: And now I have a degree in fine arts!
  • B-Nessa11B-Nessa11 Posts: 1,050Registered Users
    I confess. I snooped thru my husband's phone...So what? I had reason.

I don't cry over my brother anymore. I stopped n January. The drama I had with my husband took all the energy I had to grieve. I had to focus on not becoming depressed, my insecurities, and keeping it tgt for my mother. I kinda hate that I was the one who had to be strong. I wanted to have my breakdown but I couldn't

How can I say goodbye P.L.G.
    Who's My Hair?
    3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
    BC- May 16, 2010
    Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
    Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
    LUVVV my natural hair!!! :iconbiggrin:
  • B-Nessa11B-Nessa11 Posts: 1,050Registered Users
    Also, I'm a hypocrite. I've done things I wouldn't tolerate others around me doing. However, I rather u keep your hypocritical comments to yourself, like I do.
    How can I say goodbye P.L.G.
    Who's My Hair?
    3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
    BC- May 16, 2010
    Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
    Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
    LUVVV my natural hair!!! :iconbiggrin:
    When i get cards and gifts from a curly evryone says, "wow, you have alot of friends." i tell them, "i sure do! :toothy10:" and when i mention antyhing that was said on the board, i usually say, "well, i have a friend who says...". Buts its just you curlies. am i the only one who does this? am i wierd?
    thelio wrote: »
    When i get cards and gifts from a curly evryone says, "wow, you have alot of friends." i tell them, "i sure do! :toothy10:" and when i mention antyhing that was said on the board, i usually say, "well, i have a friend who says...". Buts its just you curlies. am i the only one who does this? am i wierd?

No I do that too especially with people who don't realize how often I am at NC. ;)

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    am i the only one who does this? am i wierd?

Lol! I do this too! Family and a few friends know I've been here forever and I tell them where I heard it. My Dad says "oh, well if the hairy girls said it!" :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I do this too. lol
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

I am so glad im not the only one. I was beginning to feel lkie those people who only have "friends" through the internet. I found myself mentioning all you curlies more than the people i actually know.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I do that all the time.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Haha I do that too.

Y'all are really funny and I like to say I have funny friends oop
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I went through a period of time where I didn't clean my house. I didn't clean it in months. The vacuum cleaner didn't see a day of use. it was so bad I didn't clean my kitchen table after eating either. I would just buy plastic covers for the table and wipe off the crumbs or whatever to the floor. Then just change the cover when it got bad enough. The mess was out of control. The shower I would just spray down with the after shower cleaner spray ( just spray, not actual cleaning with sponge) and the toilet had one of those automatic things to keep it clean or pour down some bleach once in a while.

This was right after my divorce when I started working again and had a really long commute. I was so out of it, nervous and overwhelmed taking care of a young child, I had no energy to clean or organize my house.

Finally after about 2 years, I got a raise and had enough money to pay a cleaning lady. The very first day she made a comment about how she had never seen so much dust in a house.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    my confession is nothing major....

that post i made on the Say It thread on Thursday about how fabulous i looked with my new haircut....

i cut and pasted it in an email to Alan - then he asked me out the next day!

maybe SCG is right and i do have some power!

:laughing1:
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Rou-- that is awesomesauce!!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using CurlTalk App
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am so glad im not the only one. I was beginning to feel lkie those people who only have "friends" through the internet. I found myself mentioning all you curlies more than the people i actually know.

I do this too. Ya'll are more "real" to me than most of the people I "actually" know. :mrgreen:
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't heard a song by Kesha that I don't love.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I haven't heard a song by Kesha that I don't love.

There are few songs that will get me hyped up quite like "Blow"
    Violets - I struggle with cleaning my home too on a weekly basis. It has gotten better since I am not as stressed out as I used to be but my dishes are dirty on a weekly basis and I'd have to clean up before anyone came over. My car however needs an intervention.

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    B-wavy wrote: »

I do this too. Ya'll are more "real" to me than most of the people I "actually" know. :mrgreen:

I do this every now and then too. Nice to know I'm not crazy. I've shared things on here I've never told another soul and I have a BFF and couple of other close friends offline. That says something.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file