Intro: Avid Stalker, Finally Joining

msmishamsmisha Posts: 9Registered Users
Hi all! I'm Misha. Tadahhhh~ I'm in college, about 1 year post 2nd BC, and SUFFERING. I'll explain why in a moment.

I'm pretty sure my hair qualities are as such:
- 3C/4A
- Medium/Coarse
- High density
- And if you stretch the last few curls at my neck, just SL
- LOW porosity

I dunno why, but because of the general poofiness/dryness of my hair all the time, I've always assumed I was a high porosity gal. I've been struggling with the past year to get my hair to look nice, which happens, occasionally, you know, because that's just how hair is some times, and after a little stint with my asian mother flat ironing my hair over winter break, my hair has been exceptionally frazzy and frizzled, and I've been using oils and proteins and everything I could think of to fix it, and I'd just given up all hope of ever having soft, manageable, touchable hair again, when I decided to, hey, why not, nothing to lose, actually test my hair porosity for once - just to confirm to myself that my hair was damaged beyond belief.

Lo and behold - I've been wrong this entire time.

Turns out, four hair strands (including splits) and 25 minutes later, the hair in the cup has yet to sink at all. Which tells me that I, Misha, woman of grand assumptions, have been treating my hair wrong for so many months! (Hair, I'm so sorry, can you ever forgive me?!)

But anywho, not that the light has dawned on me, it essentially means back to the drawing board. I'm hoping you all can help me. Because right now, my parents are threatening to cut my hair off if I can't get it to look decent (and I'm getting ever closer to doing to myself, it's so ratty and ewww).

To learning how to deal with low porosity hair!

*bows**bows*
Current Challenge; Water Only washing
Time In; About 2 days (went to the pool, had to wash)
Current Feeling; Concern about hair falling out
Current Hair Status; Soft in my 3B parts, okay in 3C, still kinky for 4a

Comments

• msmishamsmisha Posts: 9Registered Users
    If you notice, I've introduced myself here before when I first BCed, but because of the hectic life that is of a senior, I didn't really keep up. I decided to do a better into this time around. :)
    Current Challenge; Water Only washing
    Time In; About 2 days (went to the pool, had to wash)
    Current Feeling; Concern about hair falling out
    Current Hair Status; Soft in my 3B parts, okay in 3C, still kinky for 4a
  • fihefihe Posts: 101Registered Users
    Hello Misha, and welcome! I've also been trying to find some products that work well for my hair, especially since it's been super dry at the ends since I colored it a few months ago. My roots get oily after 2 days, so there's a huge contrast between my roots and ends and it can be a challenge to find the right products.

I found this article that may be of help to you: Hair Porosity 101: What It Means & How To Repair It
    Check out my new blog:
    My Type 2 Hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file