Amanda Knox Acquittal Overturned

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• MooshvilleMooshville Posts: 111Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A correspondent on CNN says it'll take awhile for the retrial to start and if found guilty, even longer to make the move. Things are much slower there so between appeals and extradition process, it's felt she won't see Italy again.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I read 2014 for the trial probably.

Does the US extradite on double jeopardy?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • MooshvilleMooshville Posts: 111Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Does the US extradite on doubly jeopardy?
    I would think they could because she's being tried in Italy where there is no double jeopardy rule---but I doubt US will comply with that request because of our rule.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users

Does the US extradite on double jeopardy?

They were discussing that on the news today - that they suspect the US wouldn't extradite her anyway.

I haven't followed the case - but it sounds like she seemed pretty not guilty based on the evidence anyway from what I'm hearing. Thoughts?
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    Alleged crimes in countries where one is not a citizen seem like the quickest way to ruin one's life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
    http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't know more than anyone else about this, but I can't imagine the US will extradite her for this since she was acquitted before. Had a new trial been ordered then, rather than acquitting her, I could see extraditing her. Otherwise? No.

There are so many extradition stories here in Washington because of our shared border with Canada. Generally speaking, the country asking for people to be extradited has the upper hand and they usually ask that their own laws be followed before they'll extradite. That's why US murderers like to flee to Canada.

ETA: This might be different if Amanda Knox was an Italian citizen, rather than a US citizen.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    Coincidentally, AK's local Seattle attorney is on tv right now. She says it's doubtful AK will be extradited, due to double jeopardy.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I think I heard on the radio that double jeopardy doesn't come into play because she was found guilty the first time? I may have misunderstood what they were talking about though.
    Audrey Hepburn
    What they're saying on the news now is that she's not required to go back to Italy for the new trial. By the time they have the new trial and exhaust all appeals and such that come out of that, it will be several years from now. There would need to be good, solid evidence at that point for the US to consider extraditing her then.

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    They just can't leave her alone!!
  • cailincailin Posts: 928Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    What they're saying on the news now is that she's not required to go back to Italy for the new trial. By the time they have the new trial and exhaust all appeals and such that come out of that, it will be several years from now. There would need to be good, solid evidence at that point for the US to consider extraditing her then.

I can't imagine trying to live a normal life with that hanging over my head. The thought of it makes me anxious.
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Well, I think she did it from the get-go, so I'm curious to see what comes of this.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I feel like she's probably involved in some way, even a little way she's involved, but I don't know. I'm not a cop.

They need darryl.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    IMO-she knows something.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    I think she knows something too.

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Yea I felt that at first, I forgot about this trial because it's been like a million years lol, but I always felt she was some how involved, I don't know.

I don't get the justice system but I don't like it. LOL.

The casey anthony thing was enough for me to hate it.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    murrrcat wrote: »

The casey anthony thing was enough for me to hate it.

Lawwwwwd I can't even get started on that train wreck
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file