Hi :D

r4nd0mr4nd0m Posts: 14Registered Users
Hi everyone :D I have a 2C/3a (not sure cause honestly, this is my first time growing my hair past shoulder for 22 years of my life :D)hair type even though I have 100% Chinese ancestors. I'm going through a transition now after the last time I chemically straighten my hair, guess you could say I'm half way there. My curls/waves are pretty much defined, but the problem is they don't stick together as a big curl/wave, but curls/waves on their own bits by bits, making it look like a messy hobohair T.T Products I'm currently using are: Kerastase curl shampoo, Kerastase oleo relax smoothing cream and aquaair's conditioner. Does anyone have a suggestion what should I do to my hair? Thanks :D

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • r4nd0mr4nd0m Posts: 14Registered Users
    Hi mhen76, thanks for the tips :) well as I said, I'm going through a transition now, so my hair above my nose is curls, while those below is straight (it reaches about 2 inches below my shoulder). Does it affects clumping as well?
    It can. The healthier your hair gets, the more you'll see your curl coming out. You may want to do some good deep treatments to get some moisture in the damaged parts.
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
    I see. As for the damaged parts, I've cut them off already. While those from hair rebonding parts left are... just there, hanging on the tip of my hair being straight, no matter I braid or knot them, they just won't blend with my curls T.T but they're not dry or damaged, they don't frizz and is pretty smooth when I touch them. I'm thinking to get them permed instead just to blend my natural curl and the bottom parts (the ones from hair rebonding). Do you think it'll work?
    I'm hoping someone else will chime in on this. Our hair properties are likely very different. My fine hair would fry with a perm - creating more damage in the long run. You may want to ask in the "General Discussions" forum. This thread may also be helpful: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/curly-teens/134210-how-get-curly-hair-back-after-years-straightning-perms.html
    Thanks, I'll try asking around the general discussions and post a pic of my hair tomorrow in case it could help :D I think my hair will dry after a perm, being chemically processed twice after all. But I just hate how it doesn't blend at all, and making may hair looks weird and messy instead T.T At days I hair dry my hair, my waves becomes looser, and my hair just sort of poofs while looking straight at first glance. Oh, curly hair why you so hard to manage ToT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file