Pregnancy by sperm donation

ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Has anyone here had a child using donor sperm, or known anyone who has? I haven't given it very serious thought yet but I'm at the point where I'm curious and just trying to learn information and hear about experiences.
In search of a lost signature...

Comments

• Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    I haven't, but I belong to another (pregnancy/parenting) forum where it's discussed quite often and I have an online friend on there that is currently pregnant from donor sperm. PM if you want the info on it ( I dont know of we're allowed to link to other forums here...)
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I haven't, but I belong to another (pregnancy/parenting) forum where it's discussed quite often and I have an online friend on there that is currently pregnant from donor sperm. PM if you want the info on it ( I dont know of we're allowed to link to other forums here...)

8848062-spy-on-a-white-background-vector-illustration.jpg
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have a very good friend who used donor sperm for both her daughters. Two different donors. She's married, but they had male infertility issues. Her girls are 19 and 15 now and she's been very open and honest with them about it. The girls have found some donor siblings and have relationships with them, but they are true sisters to each other and true daughters to their dad. Great family. They made lemonade out of the lemons nature gave them.

Not sure what else you want to know. I've been friends with her through the entire processes and rearing, so I know a lot about her experiences if you have questions.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator

8848062-spy-on-a-white-background-vector-illustration.jpg

Um, can you please sexplain the picture of the 'flasher'?
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    I know of women who have become mothers through sperm donation, but they've all known the donors.

My (gay male) friend's partner donated sperm to a lesbian couple, friends that live across the country. They are like uncles to the child now.

If I ever decided to go that route and become a single mom, I would prefer to use sperm of somebody I knew.
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm still at the earliest stages of thinking about this. I'm going to PM you, Like Australia.

RedCatWaves: my situation would be different. I'm single.

CanItBeChristine: I think that sounds like an ideal situation. Unfortunately, I don't even have any gay male acquaintances, let alone friends, let alone one who would want to father a child. Why are my social circles so red state?? :shock:
    In search of a lost signature...
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    ursula wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm still at the earliest stages of thinking about this. I'm going to PM you, Like Australia.

RedCatWaves: my situation would be different. I'm single.

CanItBeChristine: I think that sounds like an ideal situation. Unfortunately, I don't even have any gay male acquaintances, let alone friends, let alone one who would want to father a child. Why are my social circles so red state?? :shock:

I have one gay male friend who came right out and asked me if we could have a baby together if we both find ourselves getting older and are single. I actually would consider it an option.

And then a while later he asked me when I saw us getting married.

I was like, "Wait. What? Why are we getting married now?"

Him: Well, you're pretty old-fashioned, I didn't think you'd want to be pregnant if you weren't married..."

Okay, if I'm having a baby by a gay friend, I don't think I'm following much tradition and wouldn't have to be married first!

Kinda sitcom-ic. Haha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file