CurlTalk

Gray hair co-wash

JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
Anyone know a good co- wash for gray hair? I tried three diff ones and they leave my gray hair non-white.

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,091Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    are you looking for a cowash to wash your hair, or something to correct the yellow in your hair?
    if you are looking to correct the yellow, there are a couple of threads where we discussed this. i use, with great success, ardell red/gold corrector. i add it to whatever conditioner i like. takes out the yellow, never turns it blue, cheap. got the tip from jeepcurlygurl.
    do a search for ardell red/gold corrector and those links should come up.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    Co-wash to wash hair. When i shampoo the hair comes up nice and white, but co-wash does not do the same thing. I had no idea about a color corrector!! Thank you for letting me know, where is that thread located?- i need to educate myself
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,091Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i think all the threads are located in the 'over 40' forum. do you know how to use the search box? just keep putting in different words/phrases til you find what you need. i'd start with gray hair, yellowing.

probably the main thread is 'our gray journey.' here is a link to one of the pages about ardell corrector:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/over-40/104470-our-gray-journey-diary-20.html

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    Thank you! I found it.

Leave a Comment