granting wishes

goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
I just found out that a coworker's husband got to "grant" a Make-A-Wish wish! He is a chef that owns a restaurant and a local 12 year old's wish was to bake a many layered chocolate cake with a chef to be served in the restaurant.

So he did it. He said they had so much fun! The part that made me cry was that the night before, he baked a surprise cake that he gave to the little girl to take home with her since her cake was going to be served to his customers.

He is a rock star to me.

Comments

• lifescoutlifescout Posts: 69Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That is such a sweet story!
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    That is so cool! If I had the opportunity to fulfill a kid's wish like that, I absolutely would!!
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, thanks for making me cry at work! How precious!

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    That is amazing!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using CurlTalk App
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Awesome!!! Really puts things in perspective. Thanks for sharing!
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Great story.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thats great. I love nice people stories, random acts of kindness and such. A lot of people don't stop and take the time to care about others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awesome!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    That's so nice. And what a simple wish, that's nice to hear too.
    3b in South Australia.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    That was very sweet of him.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    That's so Cool!
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Starmie wrote: »
    That's so nice. And what a simple wish, that's nice to hear too.

Yes, I normally hear about kids wanting to go to go to amusement parks and things like that and that's fine too. This one just seemed really special to me. It makes makes me bawl: she has terminal cancer but she wanted to be a pastry chef in a restaurant when she grew up. That's why she wanted the cake she made to be served in the restaurant.

He said they had so much fun; that she was such a happy, fun kid. His wife says she "knows" he's an awesome guy but then when he told her what he'd done with the surprise cake, she just asked him, "Who ARE you?" She said she was blown away, touched and very proud. I told her she deserves to be proud.
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rock star, for sure!

I saw an episode of The Cake Boss, where he did something similiar, but honestly, I'd think it would be better, without the cameras mucking it up.

A couple years ago, our school decided to grand a wish, with some of the funds raised at our annual jog-a-thon. It went to a little girl who wanted to see the snow, (we are in SoCal, so no snow here) so she got a trip to the mountains. She came to watch the jog-a-thon in action, so our students got to meet her and her family. Such a great experience for all. (and the best news, she is still doing well, and loved her trip to the snow)
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file