New here..any advice?

granolaglammgranolaglamm Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey y'all! I started CG two days ago (did a clarifying wash and deep condition Monday night.) I have attached some pics so maybe y'all could maybe help me with typing (I think I am 2-b) and suggest products/routines.

Right now I am using the following:
Wash: RenPure Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner
Conditioner and Leave-In: RenPure Argan Oil Conditioner
Plop with a t-shrt for 5-15
Style: Deva-Curl ArcAngel LGHT
pixie Diffuse
SOTC: Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk

So far, its ok...i feel like it doesn't really look good until after lunch...it takes a LONG time to dry. I have been blowdrying straight and curling with a 1 inch wand to achieve a "beachy-wave" look....I would like to be able to get close to that with CG....maybe thats a silly thought...Also...not sure what to do with my part or my nose-length bangs...
Anyway, advice would be great!
The pic is of my hair today using the above routine...I wanted to post more pics but couldn't figure out how to do more than 1:confused1::confused1::
TIA!!!!

image.jpg

Comments

• bosanbobosanbo Registered Users Posts: 180
    If you're happy with your routine right now, the best thing I can say is wait a bit and see what happens. Your curls might not wind up the same way as when you do them with a curling iron, but the only way to know (and protect your hair from heat) is to ditch the curling iron, moisturize the heck out of it, keep away from non-CG ingredients, and see what happens!

My hair got limp, loose "beachy waves" or falls almost straight without CG. With CG I get super shiny, healthy big ringlets. Biiiiig difference.

It looks pretty in the photo, can't wait to see it shiny and bouncy!
    I sort of blog
    I'm mostly away doing field work through mid-May.

Hair: curlybob, fine, dense, low-po, big waves/ringlets (2C/3A)
    Co-Wash: Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner
    RO: YTC Carrot, Aubrey Organics GPB
    LI: BS Shea Soft Styling Cream (HG)
    Styling: KCCC, Garnier P&C Gel
    1xWeek: low-poo, gelatin PT or Joico K-Pak
    Hair Likes: aloe, coconut oil, humidity, protein, long walks on the beach
  • curly0curly0 Registered Users Posts: 1
    scrunch your hair Hey there!

Your hair looks gorgeous, I am assuming that was using a curling wand/iron..? It is not ridiculous to want to achieve that with the Curly Girl method. Although you REALLY do have to ditch the heat!!! Its okay to occasionally use a curling wand (with heat protectant) to touch up your curls, but not as your only way of styling.
    Try this:

1. Shower - use a moisturizing conditioner and leave in hair for 2-3 minutes, then rinse.

2. Dry- when you get out of the shower (CAREFULLY) scrunch your hair up using a cotton t-shirt or your fingers- to remove excess water.

3. Product- flip hair upside down and apply Deva Curl *Set It Free* spray. Liberally coat hair in it and continue scrunching with fingers. Once dry scrunch again to release any crunch from the spray.

This should definitely give you the curls you want. If not I have one more method that I have done for girls with 2b hair and it works amazing and there virtually no cost! Just let me know if you're interested!
  • CaylynnCaylynn Registered Users Posts: 117
    Oops. Zombie post.
    Canadian - 2A/2B - chin length, med/avg porosity, medium texture, thick density (but thinning)
    Group fitness instructor & marathon runner - need to wash daily
    Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
    Co-wash: Tresemmé Naturals
    RO: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    LI: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone, Sukin Protein
    Stylers: Tresemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Foam, Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Gel, Giovanni Naturals Mousse
  • CalicoKittiesCalicoKitties Registered Users Posts: 101
    (Edit: I've just realized that the original post was in 2013 lol)
    Started CG method on June 14th, 2015.

Currently 2b/2c
    Medium/high porosity
    Medium/fine texture
    Protein-loving

I have a hair blog! :) check it out: http://carefreecurls.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @CalicoKitties

Current HG products-
    Cleanser: NYM's clean freak shampoo, SheaMoisture's Fruit Fusion Shampoo
    Conditioner: NYM's clean freak conditioner, DevaCurl's One Condition
    Styler(s): Jessicurl's Spiralicious Styling Gel

Leave a Comment