Happy Birthday Mr. Rogers!!

theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
He taught me everything my parents did not. He is still missed.

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,772Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry, but he seemed a little weird to me.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Loved Mr Rogers. He was corny but he had some great messages and was a positive influence on so many kids.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    He was so loving. he was a minister, but he never spoke of religion, He just talked about love adn respecting each other. About how special we all are. He never spoke to kids like they were kids. he spoke to us with respect. as if to say,"you may be a child, but you are still worth respect. Just because you are a child, does not mean you are stupid." He never spoke down to us.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I loved Mr. Rogers. I still remember coming home from Kindergarten and watching it with my little brother.

h1661BC09
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMVUlyDjRFp3v7mJLfl3TS5UvPBtBZVSS7eFZeeIwd8mRQkKRv
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love Mr Rogers. He made many kids felt important bc of the way he talked to them. And they learned from him. He gave the illusion of being there, one on one, to a lot of kids who needed someone like that in their life. I consider him a huge influence in my childhood.

He gave up being a minister to reach out to children. I think he made more of a difference on his show than he could have anywhere else.

Happy Birthday Mr Rogers. You accomplished what you were supposed to while you were here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lifescoutlifescout Posts: 69Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aw, today is also my sons 13th birthday! I loved Mr. Rogers as well when I was growing up. I wish they still had such good programming for kids on tv now instead of all the crazy things they are exposed to. I remember his 'Land of Make believe", that was my favorite part of the show!
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What's funny is I loved Mr Rogers. I was so sad when he died. I still feel warm and squishy when I see a pic or run across an episode...,,,

But if I'd watched his show for the first time as an adult... I would probably think he was the biggest pedophile I've ever seen!! LoL! Amazing how the mind changes from the innocence of a child to the cold accusing and untrusting mind of an adult. :)

Luckily I saw him from about age 3. So, my impression is positive. I had a baby crush on him. :p I'd watch his show with wide eyed silence. :)

To be a kid again.... But being wise enough to enjoy it. :)
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,772Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Maybe that's why I thought he was weird...I watched him as an adult.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98wVFsIt-MQ&sns=em

He knew how to talks to kids, that's for sure. I've read stories about now-adults who say he was he only person in their life who told them they were important and how much that mattered to them -- even many years later they could see this.
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Mr. Rogers was awesome! I loved watching his show as a kid
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Even grumpy cat likes Mr Rogers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mr Rogers was always a struggle between me and my dad. He couldn't stand it. I just loved it. He would try turning it off but I would put it back on. When he died, it was weird, I had the song he sang at the end of the show running through my head constantly for like a week. When I put two and two together I felt like he was trying to tell me something. It was a nice memory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    SIB, I cried as i read the quotes.

I love Mr. Rogers.

(Realization: I think that the reason I liked my last boss so much is because he reminds me of Mr. Rogers.)
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file