CurlTalk

Protein co-wash / refreshing update

Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
Ok, first, I'd like a rec for a proteiny co-wash. I like co-washing sometimes, low-pooing others, but my hair tends to OC easily, and so I was hoping a more protein heavy one might help. Right now I use Suave Coconut with some success. I have also used vo5's kiwi like and Shea cashmere.

Now for a little update on my refreshing woes. I have posted how I haven't had much luck with water, especially water spritzing.

Last week I mixed up some SM smoothie and soufflé and a little CNPF with a little bit of water, and that actually perked my air-dried 2nd day hair up pretty well! (It was pretty limp from air drying and then sleeping on it.)

Sometimes I just need my clumps "unfuzzed", tho. A little GSO works well, but if I need a little bit of hold I can add some LOOB to that.

I've also found on my underlayer I can wet my fingers, grab the fuzzy curl, and sort of twist down in and it will re-clump. This sometimes works on the canopy, but not as consistently since those curls aren't as tight as my 3b underlayer.

I have luck with SM hold and shine spray, and in a pinch with GF flexible hold hairspray.

Just hoping some bit of that is helpful to someone else who is struggling for 2nd day hair! ;)
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I wish I could help with the protein-y co-wash, but my favorite has no protein at all (which is unusual considering how much my hair loves protein). But please let me know if you find a good one (I hated Suave Coconut and thought VO5 Kiwi Lime was ok, but I like the Vanilla Mint Tea better- feels lighter and like it cleanses better).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    Well, now I'm curious what your favorite is?? Lol! Is it still the suave clarifying? I like that one, too!

Considering adding some CNPF to my co-wash (coconut or clarifying), but I'm hoping to find one that is "ready", and cheap! Lol!

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    It's the VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea. I never consider NPF in my co-wash- now you have me curious...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    Lol!! You know us protein addicts! ;)

Yeah, if I try it I'll let you know! Still hoping to hear a few recs on here...

Seal - MO or Jojoba
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF