GOOD chocolate chip cookie recipe?

Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
I have searched high and low for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe but I cannot seem to find one! I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to cooking, so maybe this is why I still can't find a recipe to my liking. I like my cookies to be crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I've found some ok recipes, but I've yet to find the perfect one. Does anyone have a recipe they'd be willing to share? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is the one on the back of the tollhouse bag.
    mine always come out with a crunchy outside and soft, chewy inside.
    yummy :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The last ones I made were delicious. I got the recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (that thing is my bible). The key is to leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for a few minutes after you take them out of the oven. Just about any recipe will come out crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside if you do this.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
    Thanks for the tips and responses! :D
  • redbedheadredbedhead Posts: 25Registered Users
    I know it's a little late, but I've got a recipe which everyone in my family loves. I'm not the best cookie baker, but these turn out great, even at my hand. The trick is NOT to skimp on any of the fatty stuff and to undercook them slightly (I cook them for about 10-11 minutes).

1 cup butter/margarine
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/2 granulated (white) sugar
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs
    2 1/4 cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 package of chocolate chips (or to taste if this is too many. I like about half the bag)
    1 cup of walnuts/pecans (if you like them)

Pre-heat oven to 375F. Beat together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
    3A/2B
    Shampoo: anything that smells good and empties my wallet
    Conditioner: ditto
    Mousse: experimenting, but currently HE and Sunsilk.
    Gel: When my hair was longer, I LOVED Batia and Aleeza, combined with ABBA.
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
    Thanks rbh! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file