CurlTalk

Hey, Y'all, anyone for Geritol?

Does anyone take Geritol? More specifically, anyone under the age of 70? Just curious. I take it and love it.

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    I didn't realize it was still around. Are you anemic?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Not anyone. :) It's the only supplement that I can take and not feel sick from the type of iron. I started taking it about 6 years ago and have had no issues.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    curlypearl wrote: »
    I didn't realize it was still around. Are you anemic?

Not anymore but I am under 40. I'm just curious if anyone else takes it and their experiences. I have found that I do have better energy levels (B vits, gotta love 'em). It does say 'geri' but ya know what? Don't care. :toothy6:
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    I have taken it, but I can no longer find it in the store. I was under 30 when I started taking it, and I am 32 now. I have never been anemic, but I think my iron levels are low because I felt better when I took it. I currently take iron pills and I notice that when I take them regularly, my energy levels are higher. I think most menstruating women tend to lose a lot of iron and can benefit from an iron supplement.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    I'm thinking of starting it. I'm 35. :)
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    I remember taking the liquid when I was a child. I hated the taste. I may look for it (pill form). My energy level is pretty low right now.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."