CurlTalk

So today I used a shampoo with coco-betaine, and...

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I feel like I got much better hair. Can someone explain? I used Yes to Cucumbers, and Yes to Tomatoes conditioner. Tousle me Softly mousse, and Biotera gel OVER the mousse...why is this so complex...AND I called my stylist and told her we may be cutting my hair - a lot. Next week.

Comments

• Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    I switch up my SM with a coco-bet poo every now and then. It's basically like clarifying. Plus, I think hair just benefits from switching things up every now as then.
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • SamanthascurlzSamanthascurlz Posts: 1,082Registered Users
    I agree with Jas. I clarify with a shampoo every once in a while. The way I see it, it gets rid of all the build-up and you get a fresh clean slate. I think once in a while is utmost beneficial.
    CG, High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Medium Elasticity
    Suave, V05, GF Go clean gel, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
    [URL="[url=http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/samanthascurlz-albums-evolvement-my-hair.html]Curls[/url]"][/url]Curls
  • CurlyIndianGirlCurlyIndianGirl Posts: 161Registered Users
    Myrna wrote: »
    I feel like I got much better hair. Can someone explain? I used Yes to Cucumbers, and Yes to Tomatoes conditioner. Tousle me Softly mousse, and Biotera gel OVER the mousse...why is this so complex...AND I called my stylist and told her we may be cutting my hair - a lot. Next week.

Being low porosity I clarify every 3 weeks too, with johns baby shampoo(mixed with water in a cup), helps remove build ups and curls bounce back. Also i think since I cant use a protein treatment, shampoo is a counter action for over conditioned hair
    3a with some 2a-2c, Medium/Low Porosity
    Co-wash:deva no-poo/Vo5 kiwi
    Detangle:Suave
    Leave-in:Shea Moisture/GVP conditioning Balm/AOHSR

Since long hair- I finger twist in big chunks, which helps till 5th day hair:farao:
    Gel:LA sports
    Plop: Old T-shirt for 15 minutes ,diffuse