We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

So today I used a shampoo with coco-betaine, and...

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,363Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I feel like I got much better hair. Can someone explain? I used Yes to Cucumbers, and Yes to Tomatoes conditioner. Tousle me Softly mousse, and Biotera gel OVER the mousse...why is this so complex...AND I called my stylist and told her we may be cutting my hair - a lot. Next week.

Comments

• Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    I switch up my SM with a coco-bet poo every now and then. It's basically like clarifying. Plus, I think hair just benefits from switching things up every now as then.
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • SamanthascurlzSamanthascurlz Posts: 1,082Registered Users
    I agree with Jas. I clarify with a shampoo every once in a while. The way I see it, it gets rid of all the build-up and you get a fresh clean slate. I think once in a while is utmost beneficial.
    CG, High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Medium Elasticity
    Suave, V05, GF Go clean gel, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
    [URL="[url=http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/samanthascurlz-albums-evolvement-my-hair.html]Curls[/url]"][/url]Curls
  • CurlyIndianGirlCurlyIndianGirl Posts: 161Registered Users
    Myrna wrote: »
    I feel like I got much better hair. Can someone explain? I used Yes to Cucumbers, and Yes to Tomatoes conditioner. Tousle me Softly mousse, and Biotera gel OVER the mousse...why is this so complex...AND I called my stylist and told her we may be cutting my hair - a lot. Next week.

Being low porosity I clarify every 3 weeks too, with johns baby shampoo(mixed with water in a cup), helps remove build ups and curls bounce back. Also i think since I cant use a protein treatment, shampoo is a counter action for over conditioned hair
    3a with some 2a-2c, Medium/Low Porosity
    Co-wash:deva no-poo/Vo5 kiwi
    Detangle:Suave
    Leave-in:Shea Moisture/GVP conditioning Balm/AOHSR

Since long hair- I finger twist in big chunks, which helps till 5th day hair:farao:
    Gel:LA sports
    Plop: Old T-shirt for 15 minutes ,diffuse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file