CurlTalk

Dad's letter to son goes viral

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Aw. That is so sweet. Good dad!
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    Sniffle... Who's chopping onions in here? Sniffle sniffle
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    that was so sweet. I wish that all gay teens had parents as excepting and loving.
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    Aww, what a wonderful story!! It makes me so happy to know that this boy has such a wonderful support system, and also that so many people are responding so positively to this letter. :)
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users
    I saw that this morning. It was so nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    OMGosh. I am bawling. That is so sweet.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for posting this. I have a gay friend whose father completely disowned him. Years later when the father was dying, he contacted his son. He was sad that he had missed a lifetime of knowing his son.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Before I came out, my father said that he would have a problem with having a gay child.

If he hadn't of made so many mistakes with his divorce from my mom, I don't think I would have EVER come out. I blurted it out at dinner one night and he didn't hesitate in his love for me. It gave me the strength to eventually come out to my mom. (which also went fine).

That story made me cry. Thank you for posting it.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    I'm not crying, you're crying.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    I saw this on FB the other day, but it's still super sweet.
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    Before I came out, my father said that he would have a problem with having a gay child.

If he hadn't of made so many mistakes with his divorce from my mom, I don't think I would have EVER come out. I blurted it out at dinner one night and he didn't hesitate in his love for me. It gave me the strength to eventually come out to my mom. (which also went fine).

That story made me cry. Thank you for posting it.

I hate that you have to "come out" at all - it should be as accepted as the fact I hated pink growing up. Simply, you don't have the same taste as the majority, and that's all there is to it.

I'm glad your dad was smart enough to know better than do anything but show he loved you, though! Good Dad!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    :crybaby: My dad IS a good dad. (insert overly loud sniffle)

Thanks NetG. I hate that we need to "come out" too.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey