Love/hate my 2c mop!!

CurlyCanuckleCurlyCanuckle Posts: 15Registered Users
Hi there! Like many of you, I've struggled with a MASS of 2c hair for decades. Thousands of dollars of hair products, styling aids, useless hair straightening treatments, flat irons...and on, and on, and on. (sigh)

I have just below bra-strap length hair when straightened -no, tortured - with a flat iron,and have been piling on the 'cones forever. I got so sick and tired of organizing everything in my life around my hair, that I'm going to try to go curly. Again.

The past times that I've tried, I didn't know of the CG method, but layered on the hair product as well as cone-heavy shampoos and conditioners.

CG was a revelation; it makes so much sense!

After a brief read, I bought clarifying shampoo and gave my hair its last poo wash tonight. I then used L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner and a Moroccon Oil conditioner in the shower. The joke was...I forgot to buy no cone product so had nothing to put in my hair post-shower. Out of desperation I used a bit of jasmine oil that I had in the cupboard!!!

It's turning into a mop. :tongue2:

My challenges:

- Define my hair type properly
- Start the product learning curve
- Maybe get a deva cut locally if I can find one

Happy to be here :)
Totally new noob...I have no idea what I'm doing!

Type: 2c, medium porosity, low/med density, medium width, APL+, colour treated
Goal: To lose the flat iron and embrace my waves for the first time ever!

Clarifying poo: Live Clean ACV
Co: L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner, GF Pure Clean, Redken Curvaceous Leave in Co
Products: Curly Sexy Hair Foam Curl Enhancer and Liquid Curl Gel, Pantene Curl Defining Scrunching Mousse

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, CurlyCanuckle! You will learn a lot about curly hair care on these boards! Poke around and have fun!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If I'm not mistaken, the Morracan products all have 'cones. Here are the ingredients I found for the conditioner:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG-3, Benzyl Ether Myristate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecyl Ricinoleate, Behentrimonium, Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Keratin Amino Acids, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, Amodimethicone, Pantherol, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Polyquaternium-55, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1, Trideceth-6, C12-13 Pareth-7, Laureth-9, Trideceth-12, Peg-90M, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Ehthexylglcerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (Cl 19140), Red 33 (Cl17200).
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanuckleCurlyCanuckle Posts: 15Registered Users
    EEK! You are correct! It does have cones! :oops: :angry6:

I am SO NEW to this - the other poos had their cones listed in the first line or two - this was buried (that's my excuse...)

:( I guess this means I'll have to use that clarifying poo again. It made my hair feel like crap but...oh well.

I guess I need to read more...
    Totally new noob...I have no idea what I'm doing!

Type: 2c, medium porosity, low/med density, medium width, APL+, colour treated
    Goal: To lose the flat iron and embrace my waves for the first time ever!

Clarifying poo: Live Clean ACV
    Co: L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner, GF Pure Clean, Redken Curvaceous Leave in Co
    Products: Curly Sexy Hair Foam Curl Enhancer and Liquid Curl Gel, Pantene Curl Defining Scrunching Mousse
  • Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome!! :)
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • bosanbobosanbo Posts: 180Registered Users
    Welcome, welcome from another newbie 2C.
    I sort of blog
    I'm mostly away doing field work through mid-May.

Hair: curlybob, fine, dense, low-po, big waves/ringlets (2C/3A)
    Co-Wash: Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner
    RO: YTC Carrot, Aubrey Organics GPB
    LI: BS Shea Soft Styling Cream (HG)
    Styling: KCCC, Garnier P&C Gel
    1xWeek: low-poo, gelatin PT or Joico K-Pak
    Hair Likes: aloe, coconut oil, humidity, protein, long walks on the beach

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file