We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Hair to thin for co-washing?

I decide to stop using my shampoo and only wash my hair with conditioner only, but when I do, my hair is so thin that I have bald spots. I have oily hair and have to wash it with shampoo but I don't have any money right now to get sulfate free shampoo. What can I do? I really like washing my hair with condition since it makes my curls define and bouncy.

Comments

• jsuzkelleyjsuzkelley Posts: 610Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You could try washing just the roots with shampoo and conditioner washing the length - just until you can get a sulfate free poo. Some people will add a little oil to their sulfate poo to keep it from stripping their hair.
    2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
    fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate
    My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 12/29/2011 :laughing6:
  • LynaeaLynaea Posts: 394Registered Users
    I have found that using lo-sulfate poo's and co-washing has made my scalp less oily. I have much better luck with those labeled as cowash or cleansing conditioner then using a regular conditioner. When you can, it might be worth it to try one of those.
    :nemo: 2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012 :nemo:

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
    Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
    Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
    RO: SS Caitlin's co
    Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
    PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
    Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
    Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
    :thumbdown: glycerin, honey, oils & butters :thumright: Protein!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file