Anyone use a bonnet dryer?

chloe92uschloe92us Registered Users Posts: 1,203 Curl Neophyte
This one seemed to get good reviews on amazon....anyone have one, or like it? I tend to get more frizz when I diffuse, and think this would help?

Amazon.com: Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer, Purple and Black: Beauty
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!

Comments

• AriinyaAriinya Registered Users Posts: 13
    I bought a hooded hair dryer a few months ago, it was the best thing I ever bought for my hair. I have always had trouble in the winter with having enough time for my hair to dry. It takes forever. If my hair is almost dry, I can sit under either the dryer for 10 minutes and I'm ready to go. If my air is 50% dry I can sit for 15 minutes and get it fairly close to dry. If my hair is very wet and I'm in a hurry, I can sit for 30 minutes and get 90% dry. This dryer saved my life this winter. I stopped using it as it as gotten warmer. I don't want to use heat if I don't have to. But it's nice to know I have this, in case of emergencies.

I've always had trouble with frizz when difussing. With the hooded dryer my curls do become curlier and more volumise. The only time I had trouble with a little bit of frizz was when I dried my hair for a long time. I get best results when Iet my hair air dry half way. I love my dryer, should have bought it years ago. Good luck!
  • mixedcurlygirlmixedcurlygirl Registered Users Posts: 81
    chloe92us wrote: »
    This one seemed to get good reviews on amazon....anyone have one, or like it? I tend to get more frizz when I diffuse, and think this would help?

Amazon.com: Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer, Purple and Black: Beauty

I use bonnet dryer for when I do my treatments . I like it much easier and you can take when you travel thats a +.I got mines from sallys.its not purple tho:( I wish I got it in purple lol
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf CaliRegistered Users Posts: 430 Curl Novice
    I need to invest in one. But for right now for my dc's I use the bonnet with a hose that attaches to the blow dryer. Its by Gold n' Hot. I really like it despite the fact that I look like an astronaut with it on lol

Sent from my N861 using CurlTalk App
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • LuuuuucyLuuuuucy Registered Users Posts: 146
    I just bought two this morning at Sally and thought I'd share my experience. I get frizz from my diffuser no matter what method I use, and I don't have time to air dry. Even if I'm staying at home, it irks me to be chasing after my 2 year old with sopping wet hair until 2pm.
    I picked up the cheapo soft bonnet attachment for a regular dryer and also the full kit. I know that a hard bonnet is not something I'm interested in, I need something easier and more portable. It is pretty much useless to me if I can get my hair perfect at home and know I can't replicate it when I travel (which I do a lot).
    I bought this one: Amazon.com: Gold N' Hot Jet Bonnet Dryer Attachment: Beauty

and this one:
    Amazon.com: Gold N Hot Ionic Soft Jumbo Bonnet Dryer: Beauty

I first used the dryer attachment for a deep conditioning treatment. I didn't have a lot of trouble keeping it on my head. Maybe I have a big head. The hose wasn't that long, I couldn't really walk very far, but it was fine. It didn't feel terribly hot to me, I wasn't sure how much it was actually even doing for my hair.
    I washed and added products my normal way and tried the more expensive version. FAIL. The hose is very short, so I had to basically sit with it on my lap. I couldn't get the bonnet to stay on, it was absolutely huge. I assume it's really geared toward big roller sets. And I tweaked with it a little but I swear the thing wasn't even warm. I stood there for about ten minutes messing with it and I was done. Took it off and repacked it, returning it. If I'm spending $50 on it, it's going to work perfectly. I already wasn't sold on the idea of traveling with it, so back to the store it goes.

I went back to the attachment, flipped my hair over and dumped it into the cap. I turned it on while my hair was still upside down and let it 'inflate'. I stood up and kind of just stood there for a bit. If I moved too much, yes, it slipped, I readjusted a few times. I checked my hair after about 10 minutes and couldn't believe how good it looked already. The curls were big and there was ZERO frizz showing up. At that point in my routine with my diffuser, I was already seeing fuzzy ends usually. I dried about 10 more minutes with my hair all in the cap, then I shook it out. The roots were a bit damp, so I placed the cap back on and let my ends hang out. Five more minutes and they were dry and not smashed down.
    I am IN LOVE. I don't care how stupid the thing looks, I was about to quit this whole system because I was tired of wet hair and trying to perfect the routine. This is 20 minutes and my hair will be good to go. I couldn't believe how springy it made my curls. A lot of reviews said that the bonnet flew off of their head. I didn't use it on high, and maybe I just have a big head? It took some minor adjustments but it's not like perfect diffusing is super easy. Worked perfectly for me, $12!

Sorry that was long, but I read this thread yesterday and decided to come back to it with my experience. :)
    Curly work in progress
    2C with some 3A if all the stars align
    Low porosity, medium to low density and fine
    No sulfates since 2009
    CG since 2013

In my stash:
    Shampoos and conditioners- Tresemme Naturals Low Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Aloe, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave Ins- Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers- KCCC, AG Recoil, KY Lubricant (yup), SM Curl Milk
    Gels- Ecostyler, Biosilk RHG
    Mousse- Devacurl Uplifting Foam, Suave Captivating Curls
  • chloe92uschloe92us Registered Users Posts: 1,203 Curl Neophyte
    Thank you!!!!
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file