CurlTalk

Anyone with a looser curl pattern leave their conditioner in?

And if you do, do you rinse out any of it? Does it leave hair weighed down?Thinking of trying this but I don't want to weigh my hair down. I'm a 2c/3a, with I suspect medium to fine hair but a lot of it and medium porosity, running fingers down a clean hair felt a little bumpy but not sure what highly porous/bumpy would feel like.

Comments

• flippaciousflippacious Posts: 155Registered Users
    Your hair sounds a lot like mine. I have mostly fine hair, medium porosity. I leave some conditioner in. I usually use a slightly heavier (but not too heavy) conditioner in the shower as a rinse-out. I let that sit in my hair for a few minutes, then rinse it out entirely. Right as I'm ready to get out of the shower, I rake in a lighter, less moisturizing conditioner as my leave-in.

The trick is to find a conditioner that is lightweight and won't weigh you down. I've been having success with Yes to Carrots pampering conditioner. I only use a little bit (I have short but dense hair and think I use between a nickel and a quarter). I rake it in while my head is out of the water, then dunk my hair under once more, really quickly.
    2b/c, high density
    fine, medium porosity, normal elasticity
    loves protein, hates polyquats
    still searching for HGs
  • LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 880Registered Users
    I tried but my hair absolutely hated it. It immediately weighed down my hair, left it overconditioned, not to mention the instant build-up. I have coarse hair with low porosity and just co-washing it once a week leaves it moisturised for the entire week. Leaving in conditioner is not necessary for me and thus ruins my otherwise healthy and moisturised hair.

I do have to add that I have a relatively heavy conditioner so I might try leaving in some conditioner once I get one that's lighter and when my hair needs it.

I think knowing your properties and experimenting is the most important thing here. Just try it and if it weighs your hair down, then either try a different (lighter) conditioner or just skip leaving in your conditioner. Also, your hair properties are more determining than the pattern (I think).
    F - LP - HD - NE
    Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
    Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Petal Fresh Organics Rosemary & Mint Volumizing Shampoo
    Protein: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
    Detangler/RO: KCKT (winter) or Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil (summer)
    Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number