CurlTalk

Jane Carter Hydrate and Restore line

CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users

Comments

• naturalyogininaturalyogini Posts: 430Registered Users
    I'm interested in the Restore creamy conditioner. I saw a video and she has a new co-wash and a hair growth foam. If you get your hands on the conditioner, can you post the ingredients, please? thank you
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ricotdorothyricotdorothy Posts: 436Registered Users
    So is this line supposed to be more hydrating than the old one?:happy1:
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
  • SCarrinSCarrin Posts: 160Registered Users
    I'm gonna have to look for it

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,083Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Ok so Jane Carter has a new line out. Its in certain Target stores it seems like. She also launched a new curl cream called Incredible Curls. I bought the Incredible Curls via her website but havent been able to find the other items in NJ locally.

Incredible Curls

It seems there is also the hydrate creamy leave-in styling smoother, hydrate quench refresher, hydrate seal and shine and the restore creamy conditioner

Anyone spying the new items yet?

i cannot find the ingredients for incredible curls on her site. can you post the ingredients? thanks!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • mimismommimismom Posts: 202Registered Users
    I've been using the Hydrate creamy leave-in smoothing styler as my leave-in conditioner for my wng and I like it but like other JC products I've tried it makes my hair feel weird after applying it to wet hair. It's not a dry feeling but its not soft and smooth. I also have to use the Aubrey Organics GPB poo instead of a cowash to clean my hair and help my rinse out conditioner do its job. Sje has good stuff and I wanted her line to work but it doesn't seem like its made for my hair.
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Ooo the ingredients look like my hair would be a fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,083Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    read it, thanks! happy to see no polyquats. and while there is glycerin, it seems it is far down on the list, so maybe not a problem.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    Ok so I found some of the new items at target in Maryland. Nef talked me down from the ledge and these are what I wound up with

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1364131009.564830.jpg
    What are the ingredients of the conditioner???
    Check out my YouTube Channel: 4a Curls!
    Thanks but I can't read the label. No worries.
    The new items are on the website now
  • frizzygurlfrizzygurl Posts: 32Registered Users
    I tried the Jane carter rehydrate spray(I think that's the name, I'm at work) but I love it!!! It smells so good to me very woody and makes my second day hair awesome it has a little bit of hold to it and doesn't make my hair overly soft,which I like! But the smell is intoxicating to me but fades away and not overly strong
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    Adding this line to my wnhs hit list

These are my curlfessions
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
    The Restore seems to work very well as a refresher. I haven't tried the hydrate yet but I expect good things from it. I'm curious about how well the products play with other JCS products.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    My mom had bought sone and since i brought no hair products with me. (yes i am mooching off my mother because she FINALLY went natural and I know she has the goods)The refresh seems pretty good but gah the smell. The seal n shine, I love it! It smells good and it help soften my hair. I will pick some up before I leave GA and have ma mail it to me.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Or just mail it to myself(probably this option)
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    I'm officially a JCS fan. Price is not a factor. Her products are great. The restore mist & hydrate leave in are amazing.

These are my curlfessions
  • montREALadymontREALady Posts: 1,210Registered Users
    Love the og leave-in and I want to get the Moisture Mist from the Restore line. Went with my cousin yesterday to get her hair cut and they sprayed one of the new sprays in her hair and I loved the smell...just don't know if it was the Moisture Mist or Quench. Didn't realize there was more than at the time. The sunflower fragrance of her original line can get overbearing at times, especially during allergy season! Lol.

Sent from my MB860 using CurlTalk App
    Oh and my Target seems to have all the labeling and pricing wrong. The Moisture Mist is $20 and the cleanser and foam are $14.99 each. Makes no sense. The mist even scans saying it's the cleanser. Hot. Mess.

• myhairDOTcommyhairDOTcom Posts: 123Registered Users
    This hydrate smoothing leave-in is vastly becoming a favorite. I love this stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My hair: thick, medium/coarse, high porosity in the crown naturally, normal porosity everywhere else.

Currently using...
    Poo: Any sulfate free or low sulfate poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Camille Rose Moisture Milk
    DC: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea DC
    Stylers: Xtreme Wetline gel
    Oils: EVCO
    Moisturizer: Oyin Hair Dew/watered down CR Moisture Milk
    Sealant: Oyin pomades or JC Nourish and Shine
    I used it with the SM anti-breakage mask for a twist-out and the results were great!