CurlTalk

Products for 3b/3c

I'm on an endless search for a product that will really define my girls & get rid of frizz...anybody have any suggestions? The first picture is my hair without product ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1362713648.587906.jpg the second is a picture with product ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1362713743.549857.jpg and the final image is my goal ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1362714833.402575.jpg

Comments

• BlaurrBlaurr Posts: 44Registered Users
    *curls lol
  • TrackStar400TrackStar400 Posts: 35Registered Users
    For me i use a conditioner that is usually a rinse out for a leave in. Then i would seal it with an oil and my curls would be super defined. Or if you want it to last for about a week i put whatever leave in conditioner i choose on my hair to coat it then i use the eco styler gel to define and the definition is beautiful. The only thing is gel can get hard so to keep it soft base with a conditioner first and seal with an oil.
  • TrackStar400TrackStar400 Posts: 35Registered Users
    Also you can use the eco styler gel for a twist out or braid out with your favorite oil/conditioner and just retwist or rebraid in bigger sections every night it should be defined alot.
  • TresKurlz20TresKurlz20 Posts: 28Registered Users
    What type of styling products are you looking for? Creams or Gels?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using CurlTalk App
  • LoveInBetweenLoveInBetween Posts: 392Registered Users
    I'm 3c/3b. I use DevaCurl, Kinky Curly, and Shea Moisture products. They all work very well on my highly porus, SUPER thick hair

Note: I'm VERY prone to frizz, especially when I wake up in the morning. So what I do to combat this is to spritz my hair all over lightly with water (a little more on the frizzy parts) and the smooth a good quarter size amount of conditioner on the frizzy parts, then I scrunch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    Curl Routine
    Co: As I am Coconut CoWash,VO5 Claifying Conditioner
    DC: Macadamia Repair Masque
    LI: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Style Creme: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel: KCCC, Eco Styler Argan Oil
    Sealer: EVCO, EVOO

3b/3c, High Desity, High Porosity, Medium Texture, BSL
    ""Live by the sun, love by the moon"

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    The best way to choose ingredients/products is by hair properties. Here's a link to help you with yours Live Curly Live Free - Curly Hair Basics Once you determine your properties, look for others with hair like yours and see what they use (in signatures.) It's the best place to start.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What type of styling products are you looking for? Creams or Gels?

Prefer creams but gels are fine too.
  • CurlyJulie81CurlyJulie81 Posts: 110Registered Users
    Blaur. So... I click on your pics before reading the post. Your first pic- I thought "I freaking love the definition! I wonder what she uses" only to find out that is your naked hair pic?

So jealous.

Besides that, I love the KCCC- I have 3a/b curls, but my hair is sooo fine.
    3a/b fine, high porosity, medium density. Mod- CG

Sulfate-free Shampoo: SheaMoisture Curl and Shine shampoo with Epsom salts.
    Co-wash: TRESemme Naturals,
    Leave in: TN Radiant volume, KCKT, YTC pampering conditioner
    Summer styler: LA Looks Spiked Gel(summer only)
    Seal: Argan Oil/Macademia Oil
    Winter styler: KCCC, AIF, Beyond the Zone Noodlehead curling creme(not CG)
    DT: GVPCB, coconut oil
    PT: GVP Hair Reconstructor
    osWchwy.jpg?1Embracing my curls.:love7:
  • TresKurlz20TresKurlz20 Posts: 28Registered Users
    Blaur. So... I click on your pics before reading the post. Your first pic- I thought "I freaking love the definition! I wonder what she uses" only to find out that is your naked hair pic?

So jealous.

+1 for KCCC

Here are some gels I've had success with throughout the years that give fairly consistent results.
    La bella lots of curls gel
    KMFUM Gel
    FOTE Aloe Vera Gel

As from styling creams the only one I've really liked that's worked well for me has been the Donna Marie Dream Curling Creme

• Monkey_Monkey_ Posts: 71Registered Users
    My first thought reading your post (substitute gym with NC.com):
    23469.jpg

your hair looks amazing! :D
    2b/c, fine, low-med porosity
    Co-Wash: Live Clean Fresh Water Conditioner
    Leave-In: Yes To Carrots Leave-in Conditioner
    Styler: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse, FSG, GF Pure Clean Gel
    Monkey_ wrote: »
    My first thought reading your post (substitute gym with NC.com):
    23469.jpg

your hair looks amazing! :D

Thank you so much! :)

So jealous.

+1 for KCCC

Here are some gels I've had success with throughout the years that give fairly consistent results.
    La bella lots of curls gel
    KMFUM Gel
    FOTE Aloe Vera Gel

As from styling creams the only one I've really liked that's worked well for me has been the Donna Marie Dream Curling Creme

Thanks! I'll try them!

So jealous.

Thank you so much! My hair is fine too.
  • curlyummicurlyummi Posts: 5Registered Users
    i only love creams myself and the best product for me is mixed chicks leave in it works every time. I love it. remember if you are using any product that give you a cast after it dries you just rub your hands over your curls and it will work the cast out. Your hair looks like it will do great with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B - BSL- goal TBL Twitter - curlyummi
    curlyummi.com
    loveunspoken.com
    curlyummi wrote: »
    i only love creams myself and the best product for me is mixed chicks leave in it works every time. I love it. remember if you are using any product that give you a cast after it dries you just rub your hands over your curls and it will work the cast out. Your hair looks like it will do great with it.

Thank you!! I'll try!!