CurlTalk

Tresemme Flawless Curls Curl Locking Styling Spray

asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
I thought I found a cheap, fantastic curl-enhancing spray. Boy did it make my 2a/3a fine hair curly! Seemed like a win - but then I saw the Denat Alcohol. I usually look at the ingredient list in the store, but my eyes are really going and I didn't have readers with me. Anyway, that potentially drying ingredient is, darn it, first on the list. I know that is usually the kiss of death. But this stuff just made my hair curl up! I decided to try to delute it with purified water in small spray bottle and I added some of my favorite KBB leave in. I am not noticing any real dryness yet and it's been a day or so, so I am not ruling this stuff out yet. I have tried a lot of products and really thought this one hit the mark. It's only about $3 so a try out would not break any bank!

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density

Comments

  • longlivecurlslonglivecurls Posts: 271Registered Users
    I just recently purchased the mousse still haven't tried it out. Sounds great to hear that the line helps curl hair more since that's what I'm looking for. I hope the mousse works just as well. I might consider trying the spray next time lol.
    CG NEWBIE :afro:
    curl type: 2c/3a on a good day :love5:
    med/high porosity & high density
    hair strand width: med/coarse
    BSL hair & growing



    GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
    :wav:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    I have and like the mousse also. I also got the Curl Hydration Lotion Creme which I like with a disclaimer: it has cyclopentasiloxane and a peg- dimethicone (water soluble) so those who are cone adverse beware. The creme is also about $3. Both the spray and creme are somewhat hard to find but I found them at a Walmart I don't usually shop at that's quite a distance from me. The Walmart website might help with locations. ;-)

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • suellensuellen Posts: 20Registered Users
    I use the mousse all the time and have yet to encounter any problems; my hair doesn't dry out from it and I feel that it rinses out nicely. I also agree that I feel like the flawless curls line makes my hair curl more than other products have.
    2C/3A
    no shampoo since Feb 2013
    CG is just way too much to keep track of
    medium porosity, medium density, medium everything

    "Well you're... thin, for someone who likes food"
  • longlivecurlslonglivecurls Posts: 271Registered Users
    I can't wait to try it out I finally got all my products so hopefully tonight I can try out a new routine. Glad to hear the mousse has worked and it was suggested in another post which is why I bought it.
    CG NEWBIE :afro:
    curl type: 2c/3a on a good day :love5:
    med/high porosity & high density
    hair strand width: med/coarse
    BSL hair & growing



    GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
    :wav:
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    Do you have a list of ingredients? I can't seem to find it on line. Thx!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Beebop wrote: »
    Do you have a list of ingredients? I can't seem to find it on line. Thx!

    For the spray?

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    Beebop wrote: »
    Do you have a list of ingredients? I can't seem to find it on line. Thx!

    For the spray?

    yes, the spray, thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Beebop, here you go - note my warning in my opening post about the Denat Alcohol! I am still using my concoction and hoping for the best.

    Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Isobutylene/Ethylmaleimide/Hydroxyethylmaleimide Copolymer, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Quaternium-26, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Hydratein), Fragrance (Parfum), Ext. Violet 2

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • LynaeaLynaea Posts: 394Registered Users
    A lot of sprays are alcohol based. Probably because most things in hair products don't mix well with water so otherwise the product would separate. I've found a few natural companies with aloe juice based spray products but alcohol is cheaper for big companies I imagine.
    :nemo: 2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012 :nemo:

    This is what I'm happiest with right now.
    Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
    Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
    RO: SS Caitlin's co
    Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
    PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
    Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
    Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
    :thumbdown: glycerin, honey, oils & butters :thumright: Protein!
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Lynaea wrote: »
    A lot of sprays are alcohol based. Probably because most things in hair products don't mix well with water so otherwise the product would separate. I've found a few natural companies with aloe juice based spray products but alcohol is cheaper for big companies I imagine.

    Yes, you are correct about companies using alchohol to save money. My dad was a perfume chemist and he had a custom perfume shop my whole life until he died about ten years ago. I learned alot about perfume from him. He used an oil base because alcohol evaporates and allows a scent to change on the skin. Companies blame the change on your skin "chemistry" when it is really their cheap alcohol base. My dad always used oil but it is much more expensive. You pay for quality!

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    Beebop, here you go - note my warning in my opening post about the Denat Alcohol! I am still using my concoction and hoping for the best.

    Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Isobutylene/Ethylmaleimide/Hydroxyethylmaleimide Copolymer, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Quaternium-26, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Hydratein), Fragrance (Parfum), Ext. Violet 2
    Thank you for the ingredients....are you still having good results with this? Have you tried it on dry hair or only on wet before drying? I saw it at Walmart and can't figure out what in the strange list of ingredients would help the hair curl more? I've never seen a list like this before.:dontknow:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Beebop wrote: »
    asugirl wrote: »
    Beebop, here you go - note my warning in my opening post about the Denat Alcohol! I am still using my concoction and hoping for the best.

    Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Isobutylene/Ethylmaleimide/Hydroxyethylmaleimide Copolymer, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Quaternium-26, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Hydratein), Fragrance (Parfum), Ext. Violet 2
    Thank you for the ingredients....are you still having good results with this? Have you tried it on dry hair or only on wet before drying? I saw it at Walmart and can't figure out what in the strange list of ingredients would help the hair curl more? I've never seen a list like this before.:dontknow:

    I honestly can't figure it out either. Haven't used it for a few days since the weather is drier and I wore my hair straight. You're in Chandler, right? During those rainy days last week I used it and my hair was curlier than ever. I will try again this week on a dry, less humid day!

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    Beebop wrote: »
    asugirl wrote: »
    Beebop, here you go - note my warning in my opening post about the Denat Alcohol! I am still using my concoction and hoping for the best.

    Alcohol Denat., Water (Aqua), Isobutylene/Ethylmaleimide/Hydroxyethylmaleimide Copolymer, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Quaternium-26, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Hydratein), Fragrance (Parfum), Ext. Violet 2
    Thank you for the ingredients....are you still having good results with this? Have you tried it on dry hair or only on wet before drying? I saw it at Walmart and can't figure out what in the strange list of ingredients would help the hair curl more? I've never seen a list like this before.:dontknow:

    I honestly can't figure it out either. Haven't used it for a few days since the weather is drier and I wore my hair straight. You're in Chandler, right? During those rainy days last week I used it and my hair was curlier than ever. I will try again this week on a dry, less humid day!
    yes I am in Chandler, you have a great memory! where are you located? definitely let me know how it works in the drier weather now that we won't have rain till next fall ha ha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    I'm up by Desert Ridge - up where the 51 and 101 meet? Yeah, it's gonna by 92 on Thursday and it was 56 last Saturday. From heater to air conditioner in five days :sad1:. Not sure I'm ready. The only way I use it is diluted with some leave in mixed in - I will use it on Thursday in honor of "hot".

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    I'm up by Desert Ridge - up where the 51 and 101 meet? Yeah, it's gonna by 92 on Thursday and it was 56 last Saturday. From heater to air conditioner in five days :sad1:. Not sure I'm ready. The only way I use it is diluted with some leave in mixed in - I will use it on Thursday in honor of "hot".
    So do you spray it in your hand with your leave in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Nope - I put it in a small spray bottle, add some water and then some leave in. Right now I am using some KBB Hair Milk old formula. I shake up the bottle and then spray onto my hands or if it's thin enough, sparingly onto my hair. My hair is alot like yours I think; thin, fine, and wavy.

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    Nope - I put it in a small spray bottle, add some water and then some leave in. Right now I am using some KBB Hair Milk old formula. I shake up the bottle and then spray onto my hands or if it's thin enough, sparingly onto my hair. My hair is alot like yours I think; thin, fine, and wavy.

    I may have to give it a try after you see how it does in our dry climate for the next several months while we start burning alive here!:angryfire:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Thanks for reminding me :-( today felt like the start! I will update you with my results.

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    I am still liking this stuff! I don't think I would ever use it every day, but I am not noticing any dryness from it. It may be because I dilute it and add the leave in. I could try to use it straight out of the bottle but I haven't been that brave! But used the way I do, it continues to enhance my curls really well.

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • BeebopBeebop Posts: 456Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    I am still liking this stuff! I don't think I would ever use it every day, but I am not noticing any dryness from it. It may be because I dilute it and add the leave in. I could try to use it straight out of the bottle but I haven't been that brave! But used the way I do, it continues to enhance my curls really well.

    I forgot to ask are you putting this on wet or dry hair and then add any other holding product then diffuse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl cleanser
    Cond.- Desert essence mango, Giovanni pineapple ginger, Dermorganic curl conditioner
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam,original sprout gel, BRHG,O'right golden rose serum, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    Beebop wrote: »
    asugirl wrote: »
    I am still liking this stuff! I don't think I would ever use it every day, but I am not noticing any dryness from it. It may be because I dilute it and add the leave in. I could try to use it straight out of the bottle but I haven't been that brave! But used the way I do, it continues to enhance my curls really well.

    I forgot to ask are you putting this on wet or dry hair and then add any other holding product then diffuse?

    Almost dry hair, at the point I would use a curl cream or gel. But I haven't used anything with it yet. The mixture of water, leave-in, and the spray have given me the best curl lately - I think gel would weigh it down. I think July/August humidity might be the case where I would add that.

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • yossarianyossarian Posts: 967Registered Users
    So after reading asugirl's rave reviews, I figured "at that price, what the heck" and picked this up. I didn't use anything else with it, to see how it wouId perform on its own. I sprayed it on my hands, then scrunched it into wet hair and plopped ==> no frizz, well defined curls (even on top, which I rarely get) plus good volume.

    I can't believe a product this cheap is putting my expensive stylers to shame! And it's CG to boot. Crossing my fingers that it keeps working like this. Thanks for the tip, asugirl!
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users
    yossarian wrote: »
    So after reading asugirl's rave reviews, I figured "at that price, what the heck" and picked this up. I didn't use anything else with it, to see how it wouId perform on its own. I sprayed it on my hands, then scrunched it into wet hair and plopped ==> no frizz, well defined curls (even on top, which I rarely get) plus good volume.

    I can't believe a product this cheap is putting my expensive stylers to shame! And it's CG to boot. Crossing my fingers that it keeps working like this. Thanks for the tip, asugirl!

    You are very welcome, Yossarian - I continue to like this also! I wasn't thinking it was CG because of the denat alchohol, maybe I'm forgetting my CG guidelines :) And for anyone who isn't afraid of a cone or two or heat styles their hair sometimes ;-) the new Tresemme Platinum line shampoo and conditioner are as good as any high-priced products I've ever used - big bottles for small prices. I am picky and these are great if you don't mind using a clarifier once every week or two. I get them for about $4.50 for a 25 ounce bottle at Walmart - there's even some $1.75 coupons on some of the bottles! Btw, I have never liked a Tresemme shampoo or conditioner much before.

    2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • yossarianyossarian Posts: 967Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »
    yossarian wrote: »
    I can't believe a product this cheap is putting my expensive stylers to shame! And it's CG to boot. Crossing my fingers that it keeps working like this. Thanks for the tip, asugirl!

    You are very welcome, Yossarian - I continue to like this also! I wasn't thinking it was CG because of the denat alchohol, maybe I'm forgetting my CG guidelines :)

    Oh poo. No, you are correct, denatured alcohol is not CG friendly. But as long as it's giving me great hair, I couldn't care less! And at least I'm only out a couple of bucks if I start to experience adverse effects :D
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
    2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
    Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
    Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
    Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
    PT: BASK Whiskey Soak