CurlTalk

no more loreal mousse :(

I've been using Loreal's Everstyle Curl Activiating Mousse to grand success, but my local drugstore no longer carries it; or Loreal has discontinued it. Either way...it's time to find something new. Ideally, I'd love to find something of the HolyTrinity of products:
1) cruelty-free
2)doesn't cost a gazillion dollars
3)alcohol-free (not super important, but seems to work well for me--but open to suggestions)

I seem to do better with mousse--my hair is too fine to take anything heavier.

with thanks from snowy Boston.

Comments

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    How about Jane Carter Wrap & Roll mousse? I have GREAT results with this stuff, I've tried several mousses and this is by far the best. Eliminates frizz like a charm. It's this one: The Jane Carter Solution, Wrap & Roll, 8 fl oz (237 ml) - iHerb.com
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • ZigaZagaZigaZaga Posts: 473Registered Users
    I soooooooo dislike it when they discontinue carrying or making a product that I like! It's happened more than a few times now. :twisted: I feel for you. Guess you are just going to have to keep the search up. Darn.

Thankfully there is a lot of stuff out there. I hope you find one you like as much. I am still on the lookout for a local styling product (for slip) but at the moment have settled for less-than-pleased for now.
    -3A?
    -Fine, ii (almost iii) thickness
    -salon pintura and natural sun-made highlights combo
    -CG since October 2007, rare occasional low poo.
    -Growing it out
    click here for fotki pics
    -pw: ziggy
  • LynaeaLynaea Posts: 394Registered Users
    I've been looking for the loreal curl defining gel from the same line. Both it and the mousse are still listed on the loeal website. I just found the gel at Walgreens, they were all on sale but a lot of stuff was, looked more like they were paring down their hair care aisle. I also saw the mousse at my local Publix so I don't think they're discontinued. Hope I like it cause I got 6 tubes of it for $18. :glasses8:
    :nemo: 2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012 :nemo:

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
    Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
    Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
    RO: SS Caitlin's co
    Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
    PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
    Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
    Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
    :thumbdown: glycerin, honey, oils & butters :thumright: Protein!
  • hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
    i think they got rid of the gel too cos i saw it was alcohol free before and i went to look for it last week and it was gone? i remember it well because the gel had orange oil in it