CurlTalk

This morning's report (moved from the glycerin thread)

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Ok, I washed with SM, conditioned with Tresemme, washed out the conditioner, added some back in. squeezed my hair good in the shower, then blotted with a curlease towel. Applied Biotera gel and Deva Foam. Result: decent. Two problems: I dont like how my hair feels, which is what happens with conditioner left in as a leave in; and no crunch. I happen to like a little crunch, it gives me good formation and also SHINE. Suggestions appreciated - again. (Cannot find the Suave Sunshine conditioner anywhere. I wonder if they stopped making it. Had to buy a bottle of the Aloe, which I used a long time ago. Just got it for the H of it).

Comments

• turquoisecurlsturquoisecurls Posts: 134Registered Users
    I think its called Suave Sunrise
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
    Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
    LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
    Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
    My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,
    Maybe the LI is too much. Same happens to my daughter if she uses LI.
    Did you diffuse? That usually get's the crunch going
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

• MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Turquoise I went to walmart, target and to my local grocery store and no Sunrise. I clip my hair with roller Jaw clamps and let it dry but today I diffused some and I think that actually softens it; but I think I may have used too much of the conditioner as a LI, about a quarter size. my hair reaches my shoulders. Too much conditioner?
    I just checked , its called everlasting sunshine
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/23516377?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=23516377&sourceid=1500000000000007346330&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0={matchtype}&wl1={network}&wl2={ifmobile:m}&wl3=21486607510&wl4={aceid}&wl5=pla&veh=sem
    I would try without the LI and maybe diffuse a litte longer , more cold then hot air and don't scrunch the hair while doing it
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

ahmm, it was not at my local walmart but I can check another..I used to use their Vanilla and really liked it.

The LI was the first thing I was going to try to do different. Im not sure its the LI. I am wondering, because I used to do this, if I should apply my mousse first and then the gel. Deva does it the other way around but deva doesnt know everything about my hair. I may try a different combination of gel and mousse - maybe not the gel, because it is the only one that I really like - but maybe a different mousse....so complicated!:angry5:
    Cant find that Suave conditioner at a local walmart.
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    Have you tried SM's condish as a LI? I find it doesn't effect the crunch of my gel, mostly I think bc it has low slip.

One of the Suave's or vo5's might be lighter, too. I sometimes co-wash with suave clarifying, bc it's so light. That might be a good one to try.

I rarely use mousse, but if I do it's after plopping (or at least a good MF scrunch, and right before diffusing). I've heard some do it partway through diffusing, but for me I have to pixie diffuse or the clumps get disruptive and I break the gel cast too soon.
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    leave in definitely affects the crunch factor. i am of the opinion that low porosity hair does not require much leave in at all. i use about a knuckle's worth, sometimes a bit more. and that is only in the winter.
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
    I forgot too that sometimes a spritz or 2 of hairspray mixed in with my gel works wonders.
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    yes, i always set with spray gel or hairspray after i diffuse and shake my hair out. it's nowhere near dry, so it really helps the hold.
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
    Jaz, I looked at that conditioner, and I actually had it in my hands to purchase it; then I read it had emulsifying wax in in. Somehow I dont think I want wax in my hair, Noooooo - I just dont like that idea, and its in a lot of products. I also dont like the idea of hydrogenated castor oil. I am still having a struggle here. As I commented on another post, the only thing have NOT done is apply my product to soaking wet hair. I guess that is next. Just the gel, though, Deva Foam is too pricey for me to apply that over my Biotera gel, and then squeeze it out. I think I am going back to GVP, using less, maybe, than I was. I wonder how much others with coarse, low porousity hair use of their conditioner...and which ones work?