Chemical & Heat Damage

morganjcasemorganjcase Registered Users Posts: 8
I went through a phase where I hated my natural hair & made the mistake of relaxing my hair and straightening it daily. Now I miss my natural hair. My hair was pretty damaged from the chemicals and heat, and was not curling at all (even after doing many treatments) so I chopped off my hair (at least 4 inches) My hair is now at my shoulders with no layers, and now its barely wavy and mostly straight/frizzy. It looks terrible! It seems like the top layer is the worst.
I need advice on how to get my hair back to a decent looking wave! :sad:

I attached a photo of how my hair was before I ruined it. (This is an average hair day, sometimes it was much more wavy&curly, sometimes it was slightly less wavy)
2C curl pattern, medium porosity, high density, medium width, shoulder length.

Comments

• TwistedManeTwistedMane Registered Users Posts: 37
    Just work on restoring moisture and continuing to slowly trim off damage. Do a deep conditioning treatment once a week, it really does wonders!

Sent from my XT557 using CurlTalk App
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Also try a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioner. That usually has a very strong positive effect.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file