CurlTalk

Why can't men find things?

SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
Seriously, my DH just spent 20 min looking for a belt in four areas of the house; i rechecked the closet and then I saw it sticking out if the clean laundry basket plain as day. And it's not just him, I've experienced it with exes, as well as male coworkers.

I thought men were hunters? Did that gene die out in modern man ??
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Comments

• rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users
    Because they know we'll find things for them?

Seriously though, I have found the same to be true. They don't pick up or move anything when they look - just stand there with a cabinet open yelling 'I don't see it, are you sure it's here?'
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rileyb wrote: »

Seriously though, I have found the same to be true. They don't pick up or move anything when they look - just stand there with a cabinet open yelling 'I don't see it, are you sure it's here?'

That is so true, and it makes me soooo stabby. :cussing:
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    Dunno. Seems like I'm always finding things for the bf.
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    From fathers, to brothers, to boyfriends, to husbands... No truer words have ever been spoken. It holds true for objects and places. It's maddening to work on a job where you give numerous men directions, all day or night. Most couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag.

That's assuming they first find the paper bag to get lost in, mind you.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    My dad is a great finder, so I don't think it's alllll men. My husband is exactly this way though. There have been many occasions where I'll say, "don't open a new _____, there's one in fridge," and he'll look and "not find" it and open another one anyway. Very annoying.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Yup. Just like kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,499Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    there is a direct correlation between this trait and their ability to get lost and NOT ask for directions, too!
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    ^ Some will ask. Some will ask 10 times, in 7 minutes.

'Go 2.5 mi and turn left onto ... road. Take an immediate right onto ... road. Go 1/10 of a mi and turn right, up hill, onto ... road. This will be a green house.'

Again, 10 times in 7 minutes. This is why they don't ask in the day to day. It's embarrassing.

I agree with the find things for them/like kids remark. We call it hand holding. All they need to do is set their trip. Set the trip!!

*On a (more serious) serious note, I have little to no trouble out of the ones who do track and hunt. They do well. Use it or lose it?
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    i find this thread amusing
    OBB wrote: »

How did you find it?
    B-wavy wrote: »

How did you find it?

hehe...well played my friend :D
    speaking of find...i know missPam left and came back with a different name. anyone know her current identity? can i PM her old account? I CANT FIND HER!
    silvercurls, I think?

eta: this is so ironic
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    I always joke that I'm my husband's GPS device. I don't even have to actually find what he's looking for. Very often, just the act of my trying to look ends up with him going, "Never mind, I found it!" and it's just where I told him it was...LOL
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
    Fifi, I think you're onto something.....this is why there are forever-alones!
    Fifi, I think you're onto something.....this is why there are forever-alones!

It's completely logical. ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    silvercurls, I think?

seriously thank you Bwavy for helping me find her ;-) i hope shes still around to answer her PM.
    silvercurls, I think?

seriously thank you Bwavy for helping me find her ;-) i hope shes still around to answer her PM.

You're welcome, OBB!
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Seriously. My husband will absolutely HAVE to have something RIGHT NOW can never find it, even when I tell him exactly where it is.

Him: I can't find this completely random object that I haven't even thought about in over a year. Do you know where it is?

Me: Did you look in the laundry room, on top of the dresser? I saw it mixed in with the other random stuff that you simply had to have but only used once.

Him: Yes. It's not there. I looked everywhere.

Me: did you look under your collection of identical motorcycle t-shirts and baseball caps?

Him: Yes. Did you take it?

I then go into the laundry room, lift up one sock and find whatever it is he wants. Every. Single. Time. This has been going on continually for 11 years. About three years ago, I started heading him off at the pass by answering his first question with, "Oh, I wonder if it was in that big bag of your stuff that I gave to the Goodwill."
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    I wonder if women have better photographic memories? The "see" what the are looking for whereas men will know it when they see it, but they see 20 socks or pantry items or whatever.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Spider wrote: »
    I wonder if women have better photographic memories? The "see" what the are looking for whereas men will know it when they see it, but they see 20 socks or pantry items or whatever.

Can't be, at least not for my husband. He has great photographic memory and remembers things by picturing where he was/what he saw when whatever it was was happening. :dontknow:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,682Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You have a keeper there LA!

I live in a house of men, things are routinely found by a quick 'mum look' when all their attempts have failed. I don't understand how they just don't see things.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    My husband likes to ask where something is and them tell me no, that's not where it would be.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    My dad says women have radar in their uteruses.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    I love this thread SO MUCH.

It speaks to me and my home life. A LOT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    Does this have anything to do with why he'll say, what's a xxx? Or who is yyy? Or where is zzz? When he's sitting right in front of a computer fully equipped with googling capabilities?
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    My dad says women have radar in their uteruses.

That is what I always say. Roseanne Barr had a comedy routine about this and she said that. The whole routine was hysterical. I have added to say was a GPS system too!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I swear B will stand in front of the frig- not move a thing or try to look around and ask where something is. Look dammit. Look!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~