CurlTalk

Leggings

claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
I have to go to a thing next week, and I've decided to wear leggings and boots. I have hip-length t-shirts to wear with them, but what if the shirts ride up? What does one do about underwear when wearing leggings? I can't wear those string-in-the-rear, passes for underpants things. (Can't remember what they're called.)

TIA:?:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Do you have a longer tunic?
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    I wear leggings and boots every weekend, with no underwear and a longish top to hide any camel toe!
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    No long tunics; I'm not tall enough to carry it off, I feel. The t-shirts are hip-length, though. Is that long enough not to be tacky?

I read on Beautylish that some women wear tights. The leggings I bought are fleece-lined, though, so I'll miss that soft fleece against my legs if I go that route. Still, better safe than sorry. And I will have a nearly knee length coat over everything.

(The overhead light went out in the room where I keep my full length mirror. It's a vintage light fixture, and really hard to change the bulb. I think I'll have to stand on a stepstool in the bathroom to use another mirror to ensure there's no camel toe. Gawd --- this is why I almost always wear jeans in the winter.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wear thongs everyday, with and without leggings. There are super thin, elastic-free, modal ones at Target that are super comfy and easy to wear.

If the leggings are black and free of holes, you shouldn't be too concerned about too much showing (tho the longer the top, the better).

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I will wear assets from target. I get no lines and much smoother look. They are like spanx but cheaper.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know you said you'll have a nearly knee length coat over the whole thing. You won't be taking that off will you? I'll just leave this here. :hippy2:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    ^ some of those are funny.

Ummmm where do people get their leggings? mine are not clear, I don't understand. Where are people getting the see thru leggings???

If you have a dance store by leggings there, they're thick and they're super comfy!
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    At the very least, leggings should be worn with something that covers the bottom of your ass. "Hip length" isn't ass covering.
    eche428 wrote: »
    I know you said you'll have a nearly knee length coat over the whole thing. You won't be taking that off will you? I'll just leave this here. :hippy2:

PM-ing you, Eche.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Good idea, murrcat. Thank you.
    I'll risk a little bit of ass showing. Not too much.
    No, they're not pants, but they're thick, so they'll have to do. I'd like to feel like dressing up, but I just don't, lately. I used to care more about this kind of thing. I just don't anymore. I'd rather not offend people, but this is kind of the best I can do just now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where's Wolfie? In the Tumblr?

Jeans might be dressier than leggings and a short top.

It's (the top) hip length. And yes, I will have the coat on, most likely the whole time (knowing me and my perpetual chilliness).

Re: Tumblr, I got confused. My fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think I'm confused by hip length.

Is this hip length as in the front hip bones just below the navel, or the greater trochanter at the side of the thigh?

In between, although my hip bones are much lower than my navel.
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I've seen see-through leggings, but there definitely leggings that are thick enough to be worn as pants. also, I'm of the opinion that you should wear whatever you like!!

I used to be on the leggings-are-not-pants side of things, but then I saw the light (aka found comfy, not see-through leggings)!
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,776Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I wear thongs everyday, with and without leggings. There are super thin, elastic-free, modal ones at Target that are super comfy and easy to wear.

If the leggings are black and free of holes, you shouldn't be too concerned about too much showing (tho the longer the top, the better).

I read that as metal 3 times before I got it right :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn

I read that as metal 3 times before I got it right :lol:

I read model twice!:laughing5:, I thought she meant it was some Model brand that Models wore.
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    Whether leggings are see through are not, they hug/accentuate body parts that leave nothing to the imagination. Hence the need to wear with a tunic.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
    Maybe this would be a good time to announce that I still wear Uggs, too, so we can switch to another debate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    juanab wrote: »
    Whether leggings are see through are not, they hug/accentuate body parts that leave nothing to the imagination. Hence the need to wear with a tunic.

Yeah, I see a lot of camel toe at work, even with thick ones.

I've never seen anyone have camel toe in leggings.:dontknow:

But what I have seen..I cannot unsee.. this chick in my class wore white leggings (more like panty hose) to work out, YOU COULD SEE EVERYTHING. SHE MIGHT AS WELL HAD BEEN IN THE NUDE.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Just wear these with your leggings and you'll look fine...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdHWFCUVdxuDXkVRt-DiZAXta2B1CPQqCVfi-1HGfA8EstLCyJOA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3G599wmnKY1Lx2QSZZpjjTdSp_69ye-O4p4fcBLfplnAMEZI0Jw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS09DcIyF08YWMK9ce9xmkq63184Qz73XyLx1SyFHO6WdpfndD5XQ
    Just for the look on my brother's face, it might be worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    just make sure you bum is covered. I'm short and I wear tunics/long sweaters
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    You could wear these. Your butt would be covered and you'd stay warm.

chaps2.jpg
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I'm not sure what is so bad about leggings showing the outline of some of our body parts - so? It's your body, it's there, who cares? It's not indecent exposure so as long as you're comfortable, no problem!

I agree leggings are VERY casual though. I think jeans can be dressed up more than leggings can, so if it's a jeans vs. leggings with boots situation, I'd do nice jeans with boots, some kind of blouse or top and a little jacket or blazer and some nice jewelry. Still very casual, but more pulled-together and appropriate.

Or you could wear the leggings with a simple t-shirt / sweater style dress and jewelry and be super-comfortable!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    leggings aren't pants. That is all.
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Oops I missed that memo cause I substitute them for pants all the time. With glee.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    thelio wrote: »

I'm not sure what that means. Everyone knows they're not pants. They are more comfortable and casual than pants, for one thing.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Amneris wrote: »
    thelio wrote: »

I'm not sure what that means. Everyone knows they're not pants. They are more comfortable and casual than pants, for one thing.
    You'd think so. You really would...LOL
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie