CurlTalk

Mascara

SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
What mascara do you use? I use the cheap stuff in the pink tube with a green top (Maybelline?). I want to try something new, but with all of these new lash enhancing, thickening, blah, blah, I don't know which one to try next.

What do you recommend?

Comments

• cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Prescriptive False Eyelashes
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • curli_bouncecurli_bounce Posts: 10Registered Users
    at the minute i have L'oreal double extension mascara- its good i like it!!make sure you comb your lashes after you leave plenty of time for it to dry though!
    curli bounce xx
  • MariettaMarietta Posts: 6Registered Users
    I use Maybelline Great Lash also. I suppose it's not the best mascara going BUT.... when I went to a Bobbi Brown make up artist, she said that it's best to go with a cheap mascara and change it frequently (buy another each month and dispose of the old one) so that you don't accumulate bacteria and get eye infections. Sounded like good advice to me.
    3b, fine, naturally curly hair. New hairstyle is now a "modified (stacked?) bob". Hair now colored with Redken Shades EQ (brownish coppery color).

"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." ~Thomas A. Edison~
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I'm really happy my cousin reccomended this mascara. I'm also kinda surprised I hadn't and don't here that much about it. The white side is like a conditioner/elongator that you apply first, then coat it with the regular ol black or brown stuff. It's really the white coat where my lashes appear longer, but the dark coat helps define them and seperates.

L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Extender & Magnifier Mascara
    B0000AJ3Q2.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Anyone else try this stuff?
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • curli_bouncecurli_bounce Posts: 10Registered Users
    i use that, i think its really good. :)
    curli bounce xx
  • curls&swirlscurls&swirls Posts: 70Registered Users
    I LOVE Maybelline Great Lash. In waterproof since I'm weepy.
    Don't keep up with the Joneses....drag them down to your level--Quentin Crisp
  • Curly KiwiCurly Kiwi Posts: 6Registered Users
    I'm currently using Max Factor Stretch & Separate... it does a great job of stretching and separating :lol: My only complaint is it isn't very dark (even the rich black) and doesn't layer very nicely.

I also love Wet 'n' Wild MegaWink! It creates dramatic, feathery lashes for $2.19! It isn't waterproof though :(
    Emily
  • hnyhpshnyhps Posts: 134Registered Users
    another vote for max factors. it really does the job.
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    Any recommendations for a good 'starter' mascara? I'm not very good with it, and I'd like to start using it. I just don't want it to look obvious (too long, too clumpy, too gloppy).

And I just saw a commercial for L'oreal Double Extend Mascara. Anyone tried this?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    I usually buy drugstore mascaras.

I really like Maybelline's Sky High Curves and Loreal's Voluminous and Lash Architect.

I get the same results with these as I do with department store brands, so I pick one up at the DS and then I have extra money to use for something else!
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • TannTann Posts: 88Registered Users
    I have tried sozens and dozens of mascara...dept store and drugstore. My favorite ones are:

For Thickening: Annabelle (Canadian) $

For Lengthening: Maybelline Illegal Lengths $

For an everyday. more natural look: Clinique Naturally Glossy $$$

For a splurge...but it seems to be no dofferent than the others that I suggested: Make Up For Ever Lengthening $$$$
    3A all the way!