CurlTalk

Ph level in your body

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Does anyone here pay attn to her ph levels? Do you choose what foods to eat based on the foods' ph levels? Have you had any medical conditions that an allepath or doctor told you were based on excess acidity?

A food list organized by ph levels

acidic-alkaline-phchart.jpg

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I'm starting to think about this because there's a theory that the pH of a woman's vaginal fluids affects the gender of child she conceives, and that this is influenced by the pH of what she eats. So that chart might just come in handy!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    No. Most of it is scammy pseudoscience to sell diet plans and supplements.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users

LIKE THAT MAGIC WATER?!?!?

RCC, DO THEY HAVE IN IT IN TRADER JOES YET??

They have it at whole foods. I went to a scam meeting for it one time, they wanted me to invest in a 5000 dollar machine because the water's pH was (I forgot LOL) but it cured cancer, and acne, bad breath, anger, it cured everything.

They have the machine at whole foods for like 69 cent a jug of water, you can fill it up.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    pH is tightly regulated by your body; if your pH levels are measurably off you'd be so sick you probably wouldn't be able to read that chart.
    Eres o te haces?
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    A shift in the acid-base balance is often one irrefutable way doctors determine whether or not a patient is terminal, and the shift is minuscule, as legends pointed about above.

It's not something that can be controlled by diet. Perhaps the acidity of our waste products can be controlled through diet, but not our body's true acid-base balance. It would have to be this way, otherwise, simply eating an orange may be lethal. I was interested, however, to learn that citrus fruits are actually considered alkaline.
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    murrrcat wrote: »

LIKE THAT MAGIC WATER?!?!?

RCC, DO THEY HAVE IN IT IN TRADER JOES YET??

They have it at whole foods. I went to a scam meeting for it one time, they wanted me to invest in a 5000 dollar machine because the water's pH was (I forgot LOL) but it cured cancer, and acne, bad breath, anger, it cured everything.

They have the machine at whole foods for like 69 cent a jug of water, you can fill it up.

Goodness, no, and I'm glad. I'd be telling people not to buy it!
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Nm
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ok, so besides just trying to eat healthfully (whole foods, reasonably-sized portions, colorful fruits & vegetables, avoiding sugar & trans fat, etc.), there is no reason to pay attn to this list? I guess this is good news for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    Amneris wrote: »
    I'm starting to think about this because there's a theory that the pH of a woman's vaginal fluids affects the gender of child she conceives, and that this is influenced by the pH of what she eats. So that chart might just come in handy!

which way does the theory go? what produces a boy vs. a girl?

i do drink a higher ph water that is sold in whole foods called essentia. it's got a ph of 9.5. i started paying attention to this because i do think an acidic body (lots of meats and sugars, etc) can promote inflammation and acne, etc. i'm just trying to do everything i can to feel good and be healthy.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    The theory (and I have no idea if it works or not and haven't tested it) is that you want lower pH and acidic foods for a girl, higher pH and alkaline foods for a boy.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    My friends have one of those water machine. They swear by it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    The theory (and I have no idea if it works or not and haven't tested it) is that you want lower pH and acidic foods for a girl, higher pH and alkaline foods for a boy.

but since the spermie determines the sex, wouldnt the father need to manage his pH levels? or is the theory that the secretions can kill certain spermies?

Never heard it any of this by the way. all i know is certain foods can cause heartburn and such things.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    thelio wrote: »

but since the spermie determines the sex, wouldnt the father need to manage his pH levels? or is the theory that the secretions can kill certain spermies?

Never heard it any of this by the way. all i know is certain foods can cause heartburn and such things.

Or slow the motility?

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    here's a pretty good article that explains the bodies pH and regulatory systems.

The Truth About Alkalizing Your Blood
    thelio wrote: »

Or slow the motility?

Yeah, the theory - and it may be totally bogus - is that an acidic vaginal environment is a tougher condition for sperm than an alkaline one. And male sperm can swim faster, but they are more fragile and die faster, and have a hard time sticking around in an acidic environment, whereas female sperm are slower but hardier and they can manage to hang on in an acidic vagina. Something like that. The acid smokes out the boys faster. Can't hurt to try, right? Interestingly, I mostly eat the alkaline foods and I have two boys.

.png

534Pm5.png

• legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    My uncle's wife has one of those water machines. If she's going to be away from home for any length of time she brings water with her. During Christmas they stayed at my aunt's house for two nights and she brought a couple of gallons with her. I did not bother to hide my, "Are you f'ing kidding me" look at that one. She swears by it, but then she swears by every single thing that some internet guru talks about. Like, she once spent an hour explaining to me about how dangerous it is to eat fruit after 11am.

pH of 9.5? That's not water. You'd have to add something to it to get it that alkaline.
    Eres o te haces?
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    What RCC said. Although I do try to use pH balanced products on my hair.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    legends wrote: »
    pH of 9.5? That's not water. You'd have to add something to it to get it that alkaline.

yes the essentia water has some processing to increase it's alkalinity. it tastes fine. i drink it 95% of the time but don't freak out if i have to have "regular" water from time to time.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users

Truth.

Wonky pH leads to illness and death.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    legends wrote: »
    My uncle's wife has one of those water machines. If she's going to be away from home for any length of time she brings water with her. During Christmas they stayed at my aunt's house for two nights and she brought a couple of gallons with her. I did not bother to hide my, "Are you f'ing kidding me" look at that one. She swears by it, but then she swears by every single thing that some internet guru talks about. Like, she once spent an hour explaining to me about how dangerous it is to eat fruit after 11am.

Yooo my friend did it for two weeks carrying around jugs of water. After that seminar they gave me and her friend some and we poured it out because we swore they were secretly poisoning us! :laughing2:

I thought it was skeptical, It's the magic of placebo. They pour it in stuff and use a pH dye to compare or some crap and it came out a nice color but sprite was also close and I was like "so I can just drink sprite right?:laughing2:"

This lady said her dog almost died and she gave him the water and he was more alive than ever before.

If it was that magic why doesn't everyone use it? Why is it not mandatory?

Then the woman got mad because I said we have alkaline water in our lab's at my school, and she was like THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE. Yes we do we have a tap that says alkaline water, fool.

The experience felt like the beginning of a horror movie, I gave her a fake name when I left.

It was pretty cray cray :evil3: that it could brew tea without the water being hot....
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg