CurlTalk

Long time lurker, finally on track!

Chloe_s_MomChloe_s_Mom Posts: 48Registered Users
Before my daughters were born, I had quite long hair which I routinely mistreated. I would shampoo infrequently (good) and condition daily but didn't pay attention to sulfates and silicones.

About three years ago, my hair was breaking off, scalp was hurting, so I decided to try a pixie for the first time in my life. Loved it, but found it to be high maintenance (requiring regular cuts in order to keep its shape).

I decided to start growing my hair out (for now) and realize that it is going to be a LONG process.

Thanks to the information on this forum, I decided to get rid of sulfates in our shampoo (still shampooing occasionally for my daughters - they have only a very light wave to their hair) and use silicone free conditioners as well as styling products (for me).

Well, our hair is so soft (it has been just over a week) that it is hard to not touch it. In fact, it is so soft that my eldest couldn't keep her pony tail in during her tumbling lesson! Kept sliding out!

I am thrilled that I found a shampoo as well as two different conditioners, and a styling cream, all at the drug store. And on sale!

Thanks for all of the great info that you share!
Growing out a pixie (last big cut July 2012)
3a? 3b? Fine, dense. Porous.
Finally sulfate free. Avoiding silicones.

Comments

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome! :) Glad you've decided to join the discussions :)
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users
    So glad you are seeing results! Success is fun, right?
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • ShazzieBeShazzieBe Posts: 3Registered Users
    Love your title. Lol That's me. I had an account but I forgot my info because I lurked too much. This site is awesome! I hope everything goes well fo you with the hair.
  • Chloe_s_MomChloe_s_Mom Posts: 48Registered Users
    I posted in another thread, re. growing out my pixie. I was feeling grumbly about my crazy 'do (this is a tough length) but was in awe of the visible difference in my curls, before and after CG (having trouble with my wavy daughter's hair though...smelly scalp - I posted elsewhere looking for help).

Here is a good example of the difference that going sulphate free (rarely shampooing), but rather co-washing has made:
    Before
    growingoutpixie_zps45790d82.jpg

The yucky phase:
    growingout_startingCG_zps82925419.jpg

And now:
    march2013CG_zps81a14cca.jpg
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    You should post these great pics in the before/after thread in general discussion!
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • Chloe_s_MomChloe_s_Mom Posts: 48Registered Users
    Good idea, will post there! Do you know, as an aside, if there is a way to be notified re. replies or new content on certain threads?