We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Real bad flatness issues

okay, well my hair, seems to be very flat. it literally has no volume, okay its not like plastered down to my skull but yeah. i think it's because i need a haircut, like it has no style but my ends seem healthy enough, so i dont want to go for a haircut as im growing my hair, and it be a ridiculous price, and there doesnt seem to be many curly hair stylists in england anyway.

anyway, on to the question. how can i get volume? please dont suggest things like clipping as i really want my hair routine to be very simple, literally like 3 minutes styling. is there a particular parting that encourages volume? i wear mine in side and well yeah...i was thinking no part as i think that looks really good with curly hair. how do you train your hair into having no part? whenever i try, it always finds its way into some sort of offline centre part...suggestions? thanks
Curl pattern: Loose waved underlayer, a mixture of 2b, 2c, 3a
Porosity: Low
Density: Thick
Length: When stretched approx 5cm above belly button
Low poo: Tresemme Naturals
Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Styler: Olive Oil Eco Styler
Deep conditioner: Olive oil

:snorting:

Comments

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Do you wash upside down? Do you apply products upside down? Do you diffuse upside down?

This all could help a lot.
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • StephaniieStephaniie Posts: 46Registered Users
    I have the same problem! And i don't wanna cut my hair yet.. :confused3:
    I think i need get some layers, but i'm growing my hair too, so i'm afraid of go for it...

Mix of 3C & 3B
    Medium porosity
    Low density
    Medium width

Excuse my bad english :oops:

• StephaniieStephaniie Posts: 46Registered Users
    Aqua_Lily wrote: »
    Do you wash upside down? Do you apply products upside down? Do you diffuse upside down?

This all could help a lot.

I do all this things (except the diffuse, because i don't diffuse my hair) and my hair is still flat, like in my picture. I just want to get some volume without cut my hair... or get layers would be the only way?
    :confused:

Mix of 3C & 3B
    Medium porosity
    Low density
    Medium width

Excuse my bad english :oops:

• tenapaigetenapaige Posts: 208Registered Users
    I agree with aqualily ...DO EVERYTHING UPSIDE DOWN and yes maybe get a hair cut with lots of layers I have issues with flat hair too Im not sure how similar our hair flatness is lol but all I can recommend is that u diffuse upside down, put the clips in and diffuse with the clips n your hair and get layers , I also always have to shake my hair out throughout the day , I FEEL UR PAIN :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file