We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

transition day 1 and need help

lexxyloveslexxyloves Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey ive just decided to go natural. I have 4a natural hair. Is it manditory to cut all the relaxed hair off or can I just not relax my hair without cutting?

Comments

• SarahLou665SarahLou665 Posts: 3Registered Users
    You can definitely transition without cutting your hair. Try searching YouTube for videos on transitioning without doing the Big Chop (BC.) That's where I got most of my information.

The key to it is deep conditioning once a week, protective styling, and being careful of the line of demarcation (that's the point where your relaxed hair meets your natural hair, it's a lot more sensitive.) From what I can tell, working with your hair only when it is wet is key to being careful of that line. Never comb/brush your hair while it is dry. Use lots of moisture and seal your hair with oils (olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil.)

I hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file