CurlTalk

Username origins?

SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
Just curious, how did everyone come up with their usernames? There's always some interesting story/reason behind them. They're like puzzles.

Mine is fairly simple. My first name is Sara, spelled without an "H." There's another Sarah in my class and my mother (an instructor) called me "Sara sin hache" and her "Sara con hache" for a little while. So I just took that, but in English. Also, whenever I have to spell my name over the phone I literally just say, "Sara, no 'H.'"
CG Birthday: 7/25/11
Type 3a/2c
Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
Leave In: ^^^^
Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
*Desert Curly*

Comments

• kolochitakolochita Posts: 118Registered Users
    Mine is straightforward as well :p "colochita" = "curly girl" in Spanish (but with endearing tones), spelled with a k because my first name is Katherine.
    Latina

Type: 3a
    Dense, fine/medium texture, low porosity

Low-poo: Devacurl No-Poo/ Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo/ Elacel Aloe Vera Shampoo
    Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    Leave-in: Devacurl Set It Free/Lush R& B
    Styling: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray-Gel/ L'Oreal Silk & Gloss Curl Power Mousse
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    I was called goldilocks as a child cause my hair was a golden blond and I had ringlets all over.

I was goldylocks when I first signed up (under this user name, I couldn't remember my original name), but I shortened it to just goldy years ago.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    Mine is gekko for my love of the little guys and 422 was my badge number when I was a firefighter.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    My name is Sydney and every time I tell someone my name for the first time, I have to either spell it or correct them when they say, "Cindy?", so I started just saying "Sydney, like Australia."
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Mine comes from one of favorite singers, Teena Marie. One of her nicknames was Lady T. My first name begins with V, so voila! Lady V. The 69 stands for my birth year.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I have used variations of RedCat all around the internet for many years. I have red hair...and a cat. This is a curly board, but I'm mostly wavy, so, voila, RedCatWaves.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,760Registered Users
    Tons of women from my generation, in my country, have the name Maria as their 'first' first name. As in Maria Eugenia, Maria Esther, Maria Teresa, Maria de Lourdes, etc. But they are always called by their 'second' first name: Eugenia, Teresa, etc.
    That is my case.
    The first time I visited the US, I told people the name I was usually called, and the pronunciation was so strange and different I didn't like it. Thus, I decided to choose Maria as my name.

Since the begining of the Internet I ve been Maria everywhere, and I like it very much.
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Mine is pretty obvious... I was going through a total mad love of all things Narnia at the time. I wanted something that was only one word, and my name is Natasha, so Narnia seemed to fit the bill. I remember thinking it would for sure be taken, but alas, it wasn't. I have tried to use it for other various interweb things and it's ALWAYS taken.
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • NvmbrCurlssNvmbrCurlss Posts: 732Registered Users
    Born in November and "curls" just looks sexier with two s's. that's it!!! But maybe it's time to shorten it up: Nvmbr? Or just a sign, like prince: ¥ ?

:) hehe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
    LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
    NoP: As I Am CC
    RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
    LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    Moody is a family name. I love birds, especially mourning doves. Soo...moodydove. :)
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • Kawehilani321Kawehilani321 Posts: 49Registered Users
    Kawehilani is my middle name. I'm part Hawaiian and it was my mom's hula dancing name meaning "heavenly loveliness". 321 is my birthday!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
    3B- Fine/Dense/Normal Porosity/ Normal Elasticity
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mine came from my youngest son's Pokemon cards when everything else I tried was taken.
    3b in South Australia.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Graduated from UGA for undergrad, not because I used to live in GA.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    Dark Angel was my fave show. I tried Dark Angel, obviously TAKEN!! So I became BlackAngel. I add Playah because I use to be ThinTizzyPlayah when I was a "Diet Enthusiast" :p

When I need a whole name I'm BlackAngel A. Playah. :p

💮

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4s using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,486Registered Users
    lots of Hokies in my family....me, hubs, DS1, DDIL, brother, BILs....hence VT for virginia tech, and mom for, well, mom ;)
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    My name is Becky. My friend's dad gave me the name Speckla because he said I was a speck of girl. I've been Speck or Speckla most of my life. I identify with that name more than I do my real name. My siggy should explain how the name evolved from Becky.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    My name is April and growing up a friends dad always called me Spring. At one point I was living with my sister and in the age of AOL (dial up! what!!!) she created a screen name for me so I could use the internet and she came up with Spring1onU. Viola.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mine is my initials (with maiden name initial) and the 428 is for the engine in our Mustang.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    I have a friend who calls me Perri. It was taken, so I shoved a P on the end. :)
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love jeeps
    I have curly hair
    I'm a girl
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • rmc2rmc2 Posts: 349Registered Users
    Mine is initials of first middle last name plus number 2 as set up for me at work as a username. Number 1 was taken already.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    SaraNoH wrote: »
    Just curious, how did everyone come up with their usernames? There's always some interesting story/reason behind them. They're like puzzles.

Mine is fairly simple. My first name is Sara, spelled without an "H." There's another Sarah in my class and my mother (an instructor) called me "Sara sin hache" and her "Sara con hache" for a little while. So I just took that, but in English. Also, whenever I have to spell my name over the phone I literally just say, "Sara, no 'H.'"

I always have to tell people I'm Débora without an H, I sometimes joke I'm incorporating it to my real name.

Deda is a childhood nickname (or one of its variations) and the Chan I added whimsically because I had been watching a Japanese cartoon or two at the time.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I was in college, people would joke that I was a Munchkin because I'm 4'11." That later became Queen of the Munchkins, then QueenMunchy (which is my name on other boards), then Munchy.
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    My cat's name is Mojo.

We started calling him MojoDojo as a nickname.

*poof*
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
  • happynappyhappyhappynappyhappy Posts: 122Registered Users
    Am happy that am nappy and am more content about my hair so I show it off more

Sent from my HTC One X using CurlTalk App
    4a in the top of my head/3c in the back of my head
    Last relaxer July 1st ,2011 :happy2:
    Big chop September 30th ,2011 :angry5:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FNaturalafrochick%3Ffeature%3Dguide" class="Popup
    follow me on twitter @Naturalafrochic

showing off my twa for now!!

uawe6vf1c.png
    ziwjh0re4.png
  • naturaldollnaturaldoll Posts: 567Registered Users
    im natural and I collect dolls. or at least I do when im not broke :D

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
    Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
    BC: March 17, 2012
    Porosity: Low to Normal
    Curl Type: 4a/3c
    Texture: Coarse
    Density: Thick
    Length:shoulder
    24661416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    :love4::afro:
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    when i joined in 1999 this was the first board i was on ever. i used my real first name. pretty simple but then for a bit of anonymity i changed it to luvmylocs. at the time i had locs and i loved them. i cut the locs, kept the screen name. now i have locs again (and probably always will) but i love my screen name so wouldn't ever change it.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I started as curlymix. I chose it because my curls are 3A and 3B so I'm a curlymix. Then I mentioned being called trollop by an ex once and we made a thread about words like trollop. Saria (I think) mentioned that she then saw curlyminx when I posted instead of curlymix. I thought it was funny so I changed it.

I'm surprised that no one had been that name yet.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    Interesting stories guys, keep em coming. It's cool to see all of the creativity around here.

Just to toss out, I once had the username "saran_wrap" because like I said my first name is Sara, last name initial is "N." It was for class so I just wanted my username to be my real name, but thought saran_wrap sounded funnier.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I have excellent recall of most things and I'm often very quiet. The result is that I often remember subtle details that people don't remember me even being present for. A boyfriend once told me I was like a cosmic fly on the wall. I was looking for a screen name at the time....