CGers: If you've used Suave Conditioners, please take poll..

Trying to get a feel for what no-shampoo CGers recommend in terms of conditioners. Lots of people recommend Suave, but I also hear quite a few of you saying that you don't like it after longer-term use.

Please take the poll! :P

Also, if you have additional comments, please share in a post.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
Stand Strong. Be Proud. Look into the Sun - and Laugh.
2B front, 3B back
Red Brides Rock.

Comments

• curls&swirlscurls&swirls Registered Users Posts: 70
    I've used Suave products off and on for 15 years. I always come back to it. The salon products aren't enough better to warrant the added expense IMO.
    Don't keep up with the Joneses....drag them down to your level--Quentin Crisp
  • CortniCortni Registered Users Posts: 19
    I really like the White Rain conditioners. Right now, I'm alternating between the Apple and Lemongrass. I love the Lemongrass. Somebody mentioned having read that some posters have had a problem with a plastic-like buildup, but I haven't had that problem. I do use No Poo once a week though, so that may be why.
    3b
  • SaturnaliaSaturnalia Registered Users Posts: 1
    (newbie here :D ) I haven't used Suave conditioners in awhile. I didn't feel that they were really conditioning my hair, so now I use either Aussie Moist or Tresemme (with gelatin & b12,I believe). But maybe it's just my hair that it didn't work for. My hair is semi-coarse and naturally very dry.
    3b,I think, Definitley Botticelli, auburn w/ red & blonde highlights. mid back length..pain in the neck!
  • coconutlimecoconutlime Registered Users Posts: 14
    I now have my whole family using the Sauve shampoos as well as the conditioners. I only use the conditioners and will switch around with the different types.
  • busyd676busyd676 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I found Suave conditioners to be too watery. My hair is thicker than the average CG and drinks up conditioner fast. I'm currently trying several different ones, but haven't found a keeper yet.
  • Cortney12Cortney12 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I go to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy the generic versions of the more expensive stuff. I like the generic Humectress. I've been using that for quite a while. I also like the Aura Rosemary Mint Rinse for cleansing. I use Suave sometimes, but it's just to light for my hair; I need something much thicker.
    'Poo-less since October '02!!!
    Yes, you read that right, 2002!
  • CelticCurlsCelticCurls Registered Users Posts: 558
    I've used the Vanilla Floral , Coconut, and Ocean Breeze. Just needed something a bit richer and with a bit more 'slip'. But I still find them far superior to TreSemme, Salon Selectives, and Thermasilk which all left my hair feel gummy and strawlike.

I'm still quite happy with the VO5 Kiwi-Lime as my cond. wash, but for cond'ng, I splurge a bit and use One Condition and Redken. My poverty fallbacks are Clairol Renewal x5 and L'Oreal Nutrivive, both better than many of the salon brands I used a few years back, such as Rusk and Paul Mitchell.
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file