My eyes... :(

DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
it's bad enough I have deep hereditary dark circles and have been developing lines around my eyes, but now I have serious puffiness! :( *shakes fist at father* I need help :(
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    raise the head of your bed by a few inches. it will make a difference!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I've read that but I don't know how comfortable that'll be! I'll feel like I'm sliding off the bed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh -- rouquinne I have a quick question...my mother read somewhere that apple slices help fade under eye circles...the antioxidants while the slices begin to brown help the process...nave you ever heard anything about this?
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've read that but I don't know how comfortable that'll be! I'll feel like I'm sliding off the bed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh -- rouquinne I have a quick question...my mother read somewhere that apple slices help fade under eye circles...the antioxidants while the slices begin to brown help the process...nave you ever heard anything about this?

I don't think that would work. If you want antioxidants, eating some grapes would be a better idea. There's nothing special about apple juice or topically applied antioxidants that would immediately lighten skin. And getting apple juice in your eye would be painful.

The dark circles are blood that doesn't drain from the area efficiently. I don't think an apple would fix that.
    True, with the amount of apple juice and apples i eat, I wouldn't have these dark circles right? :( *sigh*
    you can't really fade under-eye circles.

it's because the skin there is so thin, and if you have blood vessels close to the surface, that's what looks dark. this is why raising the head of the bed works - it helps to prevent blood pooling there.
    My blog:

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I know that's what it is, but blood pooling anywhere under my skin is kinda creepy...

How much does the head of the bed need to be elevated to properly prevent the pooling? Would sticking a book under the mattress do?

TIA!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
    it only has to be a few inches.

i seriously can't see a book working because it wouldn't go across the whole mattress and would be noticeable.
    My blog:

I've heard bricks under the legs on the head side of the bed can be used to elevate...I guess the small bricks?
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    It could also be genetic, like mine are.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
    Mine are definitely genetic, on my dad's side. He's got some pretty prominent bags and circles. My brother has circles as bad as mine. There's pictures of me as a toddler with under eye circles LOL.

Ah well, I was hoping I could find something that may help thicken the skin under my eyes, but I guess not. :(
  • curly52curly52 Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    raise the head of your bed by a few inches. it will make a difference!

how would you do this? and does it mean your head is kind of tilting forward or backwards?
    sorry a little confused :lol:
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
    i know you can buy risers at some home stores - they are designed to help you lift your bed to put storage underneath, and are available in varying heights.

get LOW ones, or use bricks as Dominicana suggested, and put them only under the head of your bed so it is SLIGHTLY higher than the foot of the bed. they start at one inch in height.

i guess your head would be tilting forward with this.

the idea is that the blood that pools under your eyes when you lie flat will not be pooling, but flowing away from the eye area.
    My blog:

• CurlyCaseyCurlyCasey Posts: 224Registered Users
    I get puffy eyes if I don't put cortisone on my eyelids before I go to bed. Also, once I put cold, wet, chamomile tea bags on my eyes for like half an hour while I took a bath, and they seemed to sooth inflamation.
    3a/3b mix of ringlets and spiral curls
    BWC Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Conditioner,
    Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner,
    ***Aloe Vera Gel***
    Simplicity is best, at least for my hair. I co-wash every two days or so with the BWC and use the AOHR as a rinse-out when I need moisture. On other days, I just water wash, and I use AV gel every day to style. I air-dry and don't brush or comb my hair.

CurlyCasey wrote:
    I get puffy eyes if I don't put cortisone on my eyelids before I go to bed. Also, once I put cold, wet, chamomile tea bags on my eyes for like half an hour while I took a bath, and they seemed to sooth inflamation.

Regular cortisone cream? Like in the first aid aisle?
    No, cortisone ointment. The cream isn't nearly as moisturizing. I have prescription strength because I only use it on my eyes if they're really dry. Sorry, I wasn't thinking and I wrote cortisone, but I actually use a non-comedogenic vaseline. If you use cortisone too often it can thin out your skin, and the skin on your eyelids is especially delicate. But yeah, any vaseline or A & D ointment will do. Non-prescription cortisone would probably be fine.
    ***Aloe Vera Gel***
    Simplicity is best, at least for my hair. I co-wash every two days or so with the BWC and use the AOHR as a rinse-out when I need moisture. On other days, I just water wash, and I use AV gel every day to style. I air-dry and don't brush or comb my hair.

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurlyCasey wrote:
    You may want to stop doing this. This actually thins the skin and can also cause blindness if the cortisone gets into your eyes, if I remember pharm correctly. Especially since you're doing it nightly...

I'll try to find some documentation of this.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a682793.html

"To use hydrocortisone ointment, cream, lotion, liquid, or gel on your skin, wash or soak the affected area thoroughly before applying the medication, unless it irritates your skin. Then apply sparingly in a thin film and rub it in gently.

To use the lotion, liquid, or gel on your scalp, part your hair, apply a small amount of the medicine on the affected area, and rub it in gently. Protect the area from washing and rubbing until the medication dries. You may wash your hair as usual but not right after applying the medicine.

To apply the aerosol spray, shake well and spray on the affected area holding the container about 3-6 inches away. Spray for about 2 seconds to cover an area the size of your hand. Take care not to inhale the vapors. If you are spraying near your face, cover your eyes.

Avoid prolonged use on the face, in the genital and rectal areas, and in skin creases and armpits unless directed to do so by your doctor.

If you are using hydrocortisone on your face, keep it out of your eyes.
    "

by the way, the area around your eyes (including the lids) is the thinnest skin on your body. you really should not continue to do this...

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

CurlyCasey wrote:
    No, cortisone ointment. The cream isn't nearly as moisturizing. I have prescription strength because I only use it on my eyes if they're really dry. Sorry, I wasn't thinking and I wrote cortisone, but I actually use a non-comedogenic vaseline. If you use cortisone too often it can thin out your skin, and the skin on your eyelids is especially delicate. But yeah, any vaseline or A & D ointment will do. Non-prescription cortisone would probably be fine.

whew! i'm so glad it wasn't topical cortisone!

guess i was preaching to the choir! :oops:

CurlyCasey wrote:

otc cortisone to the eye area is probably not a good idea either, though...

Really? My doctor told me specifically that I could put it on my eyelids once in a while, when it got really bad. I have eczema, so my skin can become very dry at times. I haven't put it on in a long time, though, so I suppose I'm okay. And I still have 20/20 vision. :) But thanks, I didn't know any of that.
    ***Aloe Vera Gel***

• petitfoxpetitfox Posts: 128Registered Users
    I read somewhere that emu oil thickens the skin and for that reason, it is good for plumping the face up a little (making fine lines less visible).
    I've been putting some on my undereye area before going to bed (well, whole face and neck actually)
    but have only been doing this for a short time.
    Anyone else experiencing benefits with emu oil? I've got dark dard under eyes!!
    2C-3A. PW: on request
    Love:Jessicurl WDT+Too Shea, Coconut Oil, Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo, BRHG and Curls Rock Creme.
  • mafaldamafalda Posts: 510Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    i know you can buy risers at some home stores - they are designed to help you lift your bed to put storage underneath, and are available in varying heights.

get LOW ones, or use bricks as Dominicana suggested, and put them only under the head of your bed so it is SLIGHTLY higher than the foot of the bed. they start at one inch in height.

i guess your head would be tilting forward with this.

the idea is that the blood that pools under your eyes when you lie flat will not be pooling, but flowing away from the eye area.

I'm gonna try this. Anyone do this with any success?
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
    bumping for Doodles!!!
    My blog:

• DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    How about the eyelids?
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
    i'd use Benefit Lemon Aid on my lids to counter-act darkness. it's my daily primer for my oily lids too.
    My blog:

• DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    i'd use Benefit Lemon Aid on my lids to counter-act darkness. it's my daily primer for my oily lids too.

You know, this was mentioned by one of the ladies in a podcase I listen too...
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I read somewhere that Pamela Anderson uses potato slices under her eyelids for about 20 to 30 minutes to combat dark circles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file