We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Thank You!!!!

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,864Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
Just wanted to take a quick sec to thank you all so much for the posts, messages and texts :)

Things are going much better then we thought we were going into this morning!!!

Hope this makes sense, so over tired and just cut and paste a text I've sent.

Much better then this morning. They thought my grandfather had a stroke last night and they had him on life support waiting for us all to arrive. The tests came back this morning an they think it may have just been some sort of seizure. We spent the day at the hospital and he started to come around, knew who my grandmother was, and could communicate a bit. We were set to take shifts but my grandmother decided everyone should come back to the house for the night and let him rest.

Thanks again all so much....you have no clue how much it means :)
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    I totally missed everything but I'm so
    happy to read that text.

You all are in my thoughts!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,762Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's great news, glad he's doing well.
    All power to the curly vibes!
    3b in South Australia.
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    That is good news CC!

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Great news J!

I'm so glad that things have gotten better. More vibes that they continue to get better.

You grandfather and family are in my thoughts.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So glad to see this good news! Sending more thoughts, prayers and vibes for continued recovery, and peace of mind for all of you.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    That is great news, CC!! I am so happy it was not as bad as they first thought.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    That's good news, CC. I didn't see your original post, but am very glad it's turned out this way.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,864Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    So things are looking up. We all went to the hospital yesturday with plans to go home afterwards. The nurses had him in a reclined chair though, and although his speech was really garbled, he was laughing at the right places during jokes so seemed to know what was going on.

The Dr says whats going on is normal for after a seizure and that the next 24-48 hrs should show good improvement. His CAT scan came back totally clear.

My parents and aunt and uncle decided to stay another night to see him today because they are all leaving for DR tomorrow. They tried to cancel, but my Grandmother was hearing none of that :)

My Mom called this morning and said he was doing better, was getting snippy with the nurses because he couldn't get up and was wanting his glasses so he could watch the news.

Still a ways to go, but slowly its looking better and 100x better then what we thought we were going into Saturday morning :)

Thank you all so much for the kind words, thoughts and prayers!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,864Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    My brother just called saying the Doctors are now expecting a full recovery :D
    Audrey Hepburn
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Missed the original post - but T & Ps for you and your family!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file