We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Can't afford a no poo method! + more questions inside!

So I've always bought drug store shampoo and conditioners and I don't want to spend crazy amounts of money on shampoo, so any cheap alternatives would be appreciated!

also, I just purchased and used Pantene Pro V Smooth shampoo and conditioner and don't want to buy a new set until this ones finished, is this okay??

and does my no poo method have to be completely no shampoo, or could I use shampoo say... once every week or 2!

thanks!

Comments

• deenalove621deenalove621 Posts: 13Registered Users
    also, being a teen, I can't run out and get what ever I want, my mom deals with buying my hair products and I typically just use whatever she finds on sale for that shopping trip
  • rmc2rmc2 Posts: 349Registered Users
    Dirt cheap (89 cents to $1) and excellent solicone free Conditioner to Cowash hair is V05 Moisture milk. You can use shampoo too but cone free; every 2 weeks sound good. Try Shea Moisture Restorative Shampoo something. You can find it at Target and CVS. About $9.99
  • JamfoWJamfoW Posts: 69Registered Users
    Another good cheap conditioner is Suave Naturals Coconut. It's $1-$2 and you can get it anywhere! I used it for the first time as a cowash, rinse out, and leave in while waiting on my curl mart order and it worked pretty well! You can make it work for cheap!
    2C/B; Low porosity; Fine; Med. density

Low-Poo: L'Oreal Evercurl
    CO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO: SN Coconut; CJ Smoothing Lotion
    LI: Ouidad Curl Quencher
    Style: CJ CCCCL; CiaB; FSG!
    PT: Gelatin
    Modified CG since 2/13
  • JamfoWJamfoW Posts: 69Registered Users
    Also, there are a ton of recipes on here for deep conditioning treatments and cleansers that you can make yourself with stuff you probably already have in your kitchen :)
    2C/B; Low porosity; Fine; Med. density

Low-Poo: L'Oreal Evercurl
    CO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO: SN Coconut; CJ Smoothing Lotion
    LI: Ouidad Curl Quencher
    Style: CJ CCCCL; CiaB; FSG!
    PT: Gelatin
    Modified CG since 2/13
  • virginbluevirginblue Posts: 194Registered Users
    Being curly has honestly been the least I've ever spent on my hair! I used to buy expensive serums, heat protectants and flat irons to keep my hair straight. I second the vo5 and suave recommendations. I personally use a shampoo every other wash (once a week) and have no problem. Don't worry about rules, just do what your hair needs!
    2b//high porosity//fine texture//medium density//low elasticity//loves protein
    Lo-poo: SMMR, SMC&S
    Clarifying: VO5 shampoos
    Co-wash: VO5 conditioners
    RO: VO5 conditioners
    Styling: AIF, FSG, gelatin gel, ecostyler krystal
    PT: IAGirl's gelatin treatment
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    +1 for Suave and VO5 conditioners. And for a good wash/clarify you can do baking soda/acv:-)

Sent from my N861 using CurlTalk App
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer: