nukinkynukinky Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello! I am new to site but blessed to have found it on curly nikki. I did my big chop yesterday 2/12/2013. I had my little girl 2 years ago and had multiple complications and i haven't been the same since. Chronic health issues and medications and a total hysterectomy left me with shedding, dry dead hair. My hair came out totally. I had hair down my back past bra strap. It thinned out so bad my scalp was visible. Well long story short, i was on hormones before but oncologist found mass in pelvic area so i had to stop hormones. My hair is so dry !!!!!!!! Any suggestions for my dry hair. I guess i am a 4b now. My hair texture even changed after all my health issues. Please help :help::help:

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, nukinky! Hoping you are on your way back to health! There is a ton of great info on these boards that will help you get moisture into your hair. Have you tried any deep treatments?
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome nukinky! Hope you'll feel better soon!

I also strongly suggest a deep treatment. That's a conditioner with lots of nourishing oils and honey! You leave it in your hair for 20 minutes to a whole night - a heat source is optional. You can find lots of great info on this site!! Good luck!!
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline