We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Help with moisturizing for coarse wavies?

dannegerousdannegerous Posts: 70Registered Users
What conditioners/deep moisture treatments/techniques would you recommend for coarse hair that needs more moisture and is protein-sensitive?

I feel like I still don't have a good balance and my hair (while much improved) is still very dry.

Thanks for any help!
CG since May 2012
Curl Pattern: 2c, Texture: coarse, Porosity: low, Density: thick, Elasticity: low

Comments

• Melie.Melie. Posts: 43Registered Users
    Sally's GVP moiture balm is preotein free and very thick and moiturizing, I also enjoyed Loreal Ever sleek conditioner .. or you can make your own with honey and olive oil.
    Melie. 2c Coarse Porous(damaged) Learning to battle The FL humid weather, but I love it here!!!
    Trying CG as of 7/8/11

I will try anything on my hair!:jocolor:

:blob2:Youtube channel: MsMelySoto
  • anonymous_133347anonymous_133347 Posts: 1,426Registered Users
    I second that. My coarse hair loves EVOO. I take maybe 2 tbsp of that and mix it with a protein free conditioner and maybe 1 tbsp of honey. I put it in my hair and leave it in at least an hour. (Sometimes I sleep with it overnight with a showercap). Then I rinse. I also like SM's restorative conditioner for treating my hair but I haven't mixed it with olive oil yet. Okay so that's now on my to do list. :evil3:
    3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
    Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
    Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
    Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    I second the GVP conditioning balm from Sally's. I think Yes to Cucumbers (Target, Wal-Mart) is good as well. My favorite is Curl Junkie Curl Rehab but you can only buy it online.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• dannegerousdannegerous Posts: 70Registered Users
    Thanks for all the rec's. Will def be trying them out in the coming weeks.
    CG since May 2012
    Curl Pattern: 2c, Texture: coarse, Porosity: low, Density: thick, Elasticity: low
  • curleeangelcurleeangel Posts: 53Registered Users
    If you find something that works please let me know. We have the EXACT hair properties!
    2b/c low porosity, coarse, high density and protein sensitive.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file